US | May 31, 2017
UberEATS Serves Up Some Cheesy Pizza FactsWritten by
Mamma mia! Americans love pizza so much that we eat around 100 acres of it every day – that’s 350 slices per second! Join the pizza party today by tapping into UberEATS and treating yourself to some delizioso slices from SoCal’s top pizza joints, like Fresh Brothers, Berri’s Pizza, Pieology, and Milo + Olive. Whether you like it woodfired, vegetarian, or deep dish, there’s something for every craving.
And to get your taste buds tingling, we’re dishing up 10 facts we bet you didn’t know about pizza
- Craving pizza with a side of football? The highest day for sales is Super Bowl Sunday!
- In th US, the pizza industry grosses over $30 billion per year.
- Pepperoni power! 36% of all pizza orders are pepperoni, making it America’s favorite topping.
- Pizza party anyone? Saturday night is the most popular night for eating pizza.
- 93% of Americans eat pizza at least once a month. The other 7%? We think they might be lying…
- The word ‘pizza’ was first mentioned in a Latin text written in southern Italy in 997 AD. The text stated pizza was to be supplied annually as a tithe to the archbishops of Gaeta, Italy.
- The average American eats 46 pizza slices in a year.
- Women are twice as likely to order vegetables on their pizza as opposed to men.
- Breakfast of champions! Nearly 36% of Americans believe that pizza is ideal for breakfast.
- Pizzeria’s represent 17% of all U.S. restaurants.
Download the UberEATS app and get SoCal’s best pizzas delivered faster. And stay tuned pizza-lovers, we have a special something coming this Friday, June 2nd that you’ll want a slice of!