The holidays are the most wonderful time of year and we want your Uber rides to add to that holiday cheer! Check out the Uber Pro Tips below to learn how to move around the city like an expert and ensure that your rider experience is 5 stars from start to finish.
- Make sure to buckle up!
- Please refrain from asking your driver to pick you up or drop you off in areas where pickup/drop-off parking is not permitted.
- Always confirm your driver’s name, license plate, vehicle make/model when they arrive to ensure you’ve got the right ride. If the vehicle doesn’t match what is displayed in the app, don’t get in.
- Riding Uber means there’s no need to tip! When you get to your destination, you can simply hop out of the Uber and be on your way.
- No drinking in the car
- No smoking in the car
- No illegal substances in the car. It’s the law.
RATING YOUR DRIVER
- Accurate ratings help ensure quality on the Uber system. Real-time feedback about drivers means Uber can correct for issues big and small – while ensuring that only the best drivers stay on the road. We take this feedback seriously – depending on the circumstances, rider feedback may lead to deactivating a partner from the system or serve as validation that the driver is providing great service. Despite what you see on hotel or restaurant review sites, a 4 star is not an above average rating on the Uber platform. If you were pleased with your driver, a 5 star rating will ensure he or she continues to succeed on the platform.
- Ratings should be based on your driver’s performance and quality of service, not the fare. Drivers do not control surge pricing. If you have concerns about the price, we’re happy to review your fare. Please reply to your ride receipt or write to us directly at supportPHX@uber.com, supportTucson@uber.com, or email@example.com.
HOW TO AVOID SURGE PRICING
- Our goal is to be as reliable as possible and sometimes we see such high demand that our supply of available cars gets tight. To ensure we have rides available for everyone who needs one, we have surge pricing which increases our rates incrementally as our demand outstrips our supply and then lowers them back to normal as demand goes down and cars free up. We take notifying you of the current rates seriously – you should absolutely be aware of the higher cost.
PERFECTING THE PICKUP
- Make sure you and your Uber find one another. It’s always best to type in your address or venue name manually rather than relying on the GPS to locate you. This will help the driver find your exact location. Just tap the address at the top of the screen to enter the exact one. When in large buildings, try your best to drop the pin near the street where you’ll be waiting.
- Request your ride only when you’re ready to go. The ETAs in PHX, Tucson, and Flagstaff are less than 5 minutes, on average. That means drivers get to you super quickly! Stuck paying the bar tab? Can’t decide on an outfit? Make sure to request only when you’re 100% ready for pickup!
ENTER YOUR DROP-OFF DESTINATION IN THE APP
With the new in-app navigation, your driver is provided with turn-by-turn directions. Simply enter your drop-off destination in the app as soon as you make your request, so that your driver will be ready to whisk you away to your desired location upon arrival. Once your trip begins, the drop-off address will automatically appear within your driver’s app.