Check out these pro tips to ensure you have a 5 star experience every time you ride.
PRO TIP #1: YOUR PERFECT PICKUP
Have these steps on lock to ensure you have a seamless experience.
- Double check your pick-up location on the map in the Uber app before tapping the ‘Request’ button.
- Check the license plate and name of your driver at the bottom of the screen. Use this information to confirm the correct vehicle before you enter the car.
- Contact your driver if you’re having a hard time connecting by tapping the driver information at the bottom of the screen, followed by “Contact”.
PRO TIP #2: RIDER ETIQUETTE
Don’t be that guy/girl. Respect your driver and their car.
- Be courteous to your driver and their car. Be sure to take everything you bring into the car out with you.
- Respect the capacity limit. An uberX can hold up to 4 passengers. If there are more than 4 people in your party, have a friend request an additional uberX.
- No need to tip. When you reach your destination, simply hop out.
PRO TIP #3: FARE SPLITTING = FAIR SPLITTING
You can split the fare once you’ve requested a ride by following these steps.
- Tap to split. Tap the driver’s info and select “Split Fare”.
- More friends = more savings. Select the friends you’re riding with and tap “Send”. Your friends will receive a message to confirm.
Our goal is to be the most reliable ride in town, and sometimes we see such high demand that the number of available cars gets tight. During this time, dynamic pricing automatically goes into effect to encourage more drivers to get on the road. As demand goes down and more cars free up, the rates return to normal.
- To avoid increased rates, travel when demand is not at the peak. If the dynamic rate isn’t to your liking, you can use our surge drop feature to be notified when rates are dropping.
- Estimate your fare in advance. We know not everyone likes surprises. That’s why we notify you in BIG, BOLD print if surge pricing is in effect and ask you to manually type in the higher multiple before you can request a ride. Enter your drop-off location and tap “Fare Estimate” to get an estimate of the cost of your ride.
PRO TIP #5: UBER IS DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
Our technology is designed to bring accountability and transparency to every ride so you can always feel safe taking an Uber.
Follow these tips to ensure a 5-Star Uber experience:
- Confirm you’re getting in the right Uber. Double check that the license plate number matches the car’s plate and that the photo matches the driver. Confirm your driver’s name and tell him or her your name.
- Share your journey in real time. Use the “Share My ETA” feature to send your friends or family a map of your route and expected time of arrival.