We’re always looking for ways to make riding even more rewarding, so we’re excited to let you know about our new partnership with American Express! If you have an eligible Amex Card enrolled in the Membership Rewards® program, and you add that Card to your Uber account, you can choose to earn 2x points or use points for eligible rides.
This is the first time that consumers can use loyalty reward points seamlessly in-app and in real time for on-demand transportation in this way.
If you’re an Amex Card Member enrolled in the Membership Rewards program, or if you have friends and family who are, you’re probably familiar with how valuable these points can be — not to mention how fast your points balance can accumulate as you use your Amex Card for everyday purchases. Enjoy!
HOW IT WORKS
- Get the latest Uber app for iPhone or Android
- Enable this feature with a tap
(If you already have an eligible Amex Card on your Uber account, you’ll be prompted to enroll when you open the latest iOS or Android version of the Uber app. Otherwise, add your eligible Amex Card to get started)
- Choose whether you’d like to earn 2x points or use points for your ride
- Reap the rewards!
As part of the launch, we’re also rolling out a new incentive program funded by American Express – the Sixth Star Awards. The awards will recognize the highest-rated Uber driver partners for service excellence and loyalty. Each week, we’ll select one of our most highly-rated driver partners to receive the award, which includes a special prize valued at $1,000.
To get more in-depth details about our program with Amex, check out our FAQ.
Restrictions & Program Terms Apply: amex.co/uber
*UBERAMEX $30 off promotion details:
- Promotion code UBERAMEX must be entered prior to taking first Uber ride
- Discount will only apply to your very first Uber ride and only if you select an American Express Card as your payment method for your ride
- Only valid in the US
- Not valid with any other offers
- Limit one discount per person
- Discount will not apply to rides using the TAXI option