Uber and Getaround are making it even easier to turn spare time into spare cash or dip your toes in the ridesharing waters without owning a car.
Starting today, you can stay car-free and make extra cash driving in San Francisco thanks to a new pilot partnership between Uber and Getaround. Whether you’re saving up for a splurge or your next adventure, you can start making money with just a few clicks for just a few hours in a car that’s probably just a few blocks away.
Here’s how it works:
- Find cars parked all over San Francisco, ready to rent and drive with Uber
- Sign up to drive with Uber @ uber.com/signup/drive/getaround/
- Once you’re approved, you’ll get an invite code to download the Getaround app
- Select from different vehicle models and pickup locations for $5 per hour. If it’s your first go with Getaround and Uber, your first day is free.
- Pickup your vehicle at the designated parking spot with the Getaround App
- When you’re done, drop the car back off in its dedicated parking space
The cost of the first rental is covered for up to 14 hours. After that, it’s a flat fee of $5 per hour, including insurance, gas, and mileage, so you can drive as much as you like.
With Uber and Getaround, you don’t have to have a lot of free timeㄧor even own a carㄧto get on the road and start earning. It’s a simple, stress-free way for anyone with the drive and a few extra hours to make extra cash with no car and no commitment.
Learn more and sign up to drive here.