Uber is passionate about making cities better and empowering all members of the community. To promote women’s economic independence, we’re teaming up with Dress for Success Austin as we celebrate Women’s Equality Day this Wednesday.
“This collaboration not only honors women’s historic achievements, but is a testament to our community’s support for making a lasting improvement to women’s lives.” – Judy Chambers, Executive Director at Dress for Success Austin.
Our partnership with Dress for Success Austin allows you to donate items that help disadvantaged women gear up for job interviews. On Wednesday, August 26, open your app and donate to Dress for Success Austin at the touch of a button.
Pro Tip: Beginning today, bring donation items to work and gather one big donation pickup from your workplace on Wednesday. Share the donation drive with co-workers that don’t use Uber and encourage the entire office to participate!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up gently-used professional attire, unopened makeup, accessories and new/unopened toiletries (i.e. jackets, suits, blouses, black and brown handbags, shoes, jewelry, and toiletries like full-size shampoo and conditioners, mascara, lipstick, deodorant, etc.).
- Open your Uber app between 11AM and 2PM on Wednesday, August 26th.
- Request GIVE on the bottom right of the screen.
- If you’re connected, an SUV will arrive to pick up your items and will drop off your donation to the Dress for Success Austin – completely for FREE!
- Those who are able to donate on August 26 will receive a follow-up email mid next week with tax receipt information.
When women thrive and reach their full potential, Austin is stronger. Together, we can help further this mission by ensuring every woman is equipped and empowered to achieve economic independence.
Donate three items or more and you could win a happy hour at J. BLACK’S Feel Good Kitchen & Lounge for ten people. Includes 3 signature cocktails per guest & assorted sharing plates.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS IN AUSTIN:
Professional-style purses (especially black)
Larger-sized professional shoes, 9 and above
New, unopened cosmetics: regular-sized shampoo and conditioner, mascara, lipstick, eye shadow
Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, soap