JUMP started with the idea of creating a new kind of biking that made it easier for more people to cycle in their city. We built a first of its kind electric bike, to make it easier to pedal and take on steep hills, and let people access them via their phones whenever they wanted. Then one year ago we joined Uber and brought this new everyday way of biking to millions of people on the Uber platform.
Over the last year, we’ve seen that bringing new kinds of transportation to the Uber app makes it easier for riders to make different choices, like taking a bike instead of a car. In San Francisco Uber car trips began getting replaced by bike trips during rush hour and in Sacramento, a survey found that more residents rented JUMP bikes than using Uber’s rideshare options.
According to a NACTO report, 84 million trips were taken on shared micromobility in the U.S. in 2018, more than double the number of trips from the year before. We want this year to be even bigger. To help get more people on bikes, we are letting riders who have never used JUMP bikes or scooters try them out for free. First-time riders can enter code BIKEMONTH19 on the Uber app to get their first ride free for up to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes riders will be charged local per minute rates.*
We are also holding events and giveaways throughout the month in 14 cities where we currently offer electric bikes and scooters. The full slate of our JUMP Bike Month are available at jump.com/bikemonth.
- Bike to Work Day Fueling Stations & pit stops: For Bike to Work Day we will be supporting local bike advocacy organizations in over a dozen cities:
- For Bike to Work Days on May 9th, we’ll be holding events in San Francisco, Sacramento, Santa Cruz.
- For Bike to Work Days on May 17th, we’ll be holding events in Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Dallas, Los Angeles, New York City, Providence, San Antonio, Seattle, and Washington DC.
- Urban Biking Basics Workshops: We will be holding Urban Biking Basics workshops in Atlanta, GA, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX, San Antonio, TX, Sacramento, CA, Seattle, WA, Washington, D.C. At these workshops, we will bring in local bike experts to present curriculum on city riding.
- Enter for a chance to win a Commuter Kit: We are hosting online sweepstakes for a chance to win a #BikeMonth Commuter Kit. You can enter for a chance to win by visiting the JUMP Instagram page, and follow the instructions on any of our sweepstakes posts. Commuter kits feature prizing from our partners at Knickerbocker NYC, Thread Wallets, Topo Designs, Raen Sunglasses, and Thousand Helmets plus up to $250 in JUMP ride credits.**
*Promo code is valid for new JUMP riders only for up to 30 minutes of ride time which begins and ends in the JUMP zone indicated in your app, and expires at 11:59 pm on 5/31/2019. You will be charged the local per minute rates after the 30-minute ride ends. To activate the promo code, add the code to the payment screen after you tap Reserve or Scan for your first ride. One-time use only. Offer is non-transferable and has no cash value. Offer and terms are subject to change.
**NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes begins 12:00 a.m. ET on May 3, 2019 and ends 11:59 p.m. ET on May 14, 2019. Open only to legal U.S. residents, residing within the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia), who are at least 18 years of age. Potential winners will be notified via direct message. See full Official Rules jump.com/social-rules/bikemonth1 for complete details, including how to enter, eligibility restrictions, prize description and limitations. Void where prohibited. Sponsored by Social Bicycles, LLC d.b.a JUMP.
Details for all events listed above are available at jump.com/bikemonth