Uber Public Safety Response Portal Privacy Notice
As part of Uber's commitment to safety, we provide a Public Safety Response Portal (PSRP) for law enforcement, public health authorities, and government officials to submit requests for information. This Privacy Notice provides information on the personal data we collect as it relates to the PSRP, how we use such data, and how to submit requests regarding such data.
For information regarding our collection and use of user’s personal data, please see Uber’s User Privacy Notice.
Data Controllers and Transfer
Uber B.V. (Burgerweeshuispad 301, 1076 HR Amsterdam, The Netherlands) and Uber Technologies Inc. (1515 3rd Street, San Francisco, CA, 94158, USA) are the data controllers for the data collected in connection with use of Uber’s services in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland.
Uber Technologies Inc. is the data controller for the data collected in connection with use of Uber’s services everywhere else.
Uber is a global company and as such processes personal data globally. This means that we may transfer personal data outside your home country to other jurisdictions, which may have data protection laws different from your jurisdiction. Where required, we will use appropriate safeguards, such as Standard Contractual Clauses, to protect your data.
The Personal Data We Collect
We collect contact information of those submitting requests through the PSRP, or who are registered to receive productions via the PSRP. Such contact information includes the requestor or recipient name, email, organization, phone number and country. We collect this information when submitted to us via the PSRP.
How We Use Personal Data
We use the personal data we collect via the PSRP to:
- verify the identity of law enforcement officers, public health authorities, or government officials requesting information
- receive, review, and process legal and public health requests
- provide responses to such requests
- notify users of the requests when legally permitted
- auditing and record-keeping
- facilitate request processing, such as improving the PSRP and training
- send you sentiment surveys and communicate with you about Uber safety initiatives or updates to the PSRP
Uber performs these activities on the grounds that they are necessary for purposes of Uber’s legitimate interests.
How We Share Your Personal Data
We may share the personal data we collect in connection with the PSRP with:
- our affiliates and service providers to facilitate the processing of responses and our communications with you.
- if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to security, safety, or similar concerns. This includes sharing with third parties as necessary to enforce PSRP terms and policies and to protect Uber’s rights or property or the rights, safety, or property of others.
- users when we notify them of requests (when legally permitted).
Uber retains your data for as long as necessary for the purposes described above, including record-keeping, auditing, legal obligations, or as evidence for a court case, investigation or similar proceeding.
The law of your jurisdiction may give you the right to access, correct, delete, restrict, and object to the processing of your personal data. To submit a rights request, please contact us at email@example.com. You will be required to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. Certain jurisdictions also provide you with the right to appeal any denials of your rights requests, or to contact your local data protection authority if you have concerns regarding your rights.
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Notice or our processing of your data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.