Thank you for helping to grow our community. From time to time, Uber, its subsidiaries and its affiliates ("Uber") may invite you to participate in one of their referral programmes to encourage people to use the Uber applications and/or websites. Participating in a referral programme (either by referring your friends or family or signing up with a referral code) can be a great way for riders, Uber Eats users, drivers, couriers, restaurants, fleet partners, carriers and other users of Uber apps (collectively "Uber users") to receive Uber Cash, get other discounts or earn extra money (each a "Referral Reward").
Uber Referral Programme rules (the "Rules") apply to referral programmes that are administered solely by Uber, except for the UberHero app. By accepting and sharing your referral code or by signing up with a referral code, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Any violation of these Rules will not only prevent you from participating in any Uber referral programme (now or in the future), but could also result in the forfeiture or retraction of Uber Cash, money or other rewards earned through the programme, and even the deactivation of your account.
In addition, there may be other terms that apply to your Referral Reward based on the city where you signed up, including what actions you may need to take as well as the type and amount of the Referral Reward. See the additional terms that came with your invitation or those provided in our app or website when you made your referral.
Anyone can be a referrer/inviter who (a) is a legal resident of his/her country, (b) is of legal age where they live, and (c) has an Uber account in good standing. Referrers/inviters can be any type of Uber user, but they cannot have more than one account for each Uber product or service.
Your friends, family and other people you know (but not you) may be eligible to be referees/invitees. To determine eligibility, bear in mind the following stipulations:
Eligible referees/invitees for those who order services through the Uber applications and/or websites:
To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who orders services through the Uber applications and/or websites, your referee/invitee must (a) be a new Uber user of that service, (b) meet the conditions that Uber has for using the app, and (c) complete the actions required by the specific referral programme (purely for example purposes, takes a trip arranged through the Uber app or any other action as applicable).
Eligible referees/invitees for those who provide services through the Uber applications and/or websites:
To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who provides services through the Uber applications and/or websites, your referee/invitee must (a) not have previously driven, delivered or signed up to drive or deliver with Uber; (b) meet all the conditions Uber has for becoming a driver or courier; (c) use your referral code when they sign up to drive or deliver; (d) complete the specific number of trips/deliveries within the time period specified by the programme; (e) take any other actions required by the specific referral programme; and (f) sign up within 90 days of the referral invitation being sent. Your referees/invitees can only be referred once, so if someone else has referred them and they have accepted that invitation, they will not be able to accept yours. In addition, please note that fleet partners cannot earn Referral Rewards for inviting or referring drivers in their fleet.
Referrers/inviters cannot: request themselves as a rider or Uber Eats or other user, pre-arrange trips with riders, get someone else to drive or deliver for them, create duplicate/multiple accounts, accept trips/deliveries without the intention of completing them, claim false fees or charges, manipulate trip details, or do anything else prohibited by Uber's Community Guidelines, which may be updated from time to time and can be found here. Referrers cannot have more than a total of 50 referral payouts.
If you are providing Uber with the contact information for your referees/invitees, you represent that you have the right to provide that information.
Uber has the right to limit the number of times you use or share your referral code based on the referral programme in which you participate. To see if your code has a limit, refer to the terms of the specific referral programme in which you are participating.
Uber wants you to share your referral code and earn Referral Rewards, but referral codes must only be used for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can only share your referral code with people you know. You agree that you will not:
- Duplicate, sell or transfer your referral code in any manner or make it available to the general public (such as by printing it on business cards, posting it on a coupon website or job website, or using it as part of a job application, including but not limited to the following website and applications: Amazon, eBay, Fiverr, Craigslist, RetailMeNot, Reddit, Wikipedia, Gumtree, Moneysavingexpert, Groupon, or using paid social media or paid search);
- Try to get referees/invitees by spamming, bulk emailing or sending large numbers of unsolicited emails. The only people you should be emailing are people you know personally;
- Use, display or manipulate Uber intellectual property (such as Uber's logos, trademarks and copyright-protected works) in any way, except to identify yourself as an Uber user, Uber referrer/inviter or referrer/inviter for Uber;
- Create or register any (i) businesses, (ii) URLs, (iii) domain names, (iv) software application names or titles, or (v) social media handles or profiles that include the word "Uber" or any of Uber's other trademarks or any words that are confusingly similar to Uber's trademarks.
- Use Uber's trademarks as your social media profile picture or wallpaper or use any of Uber's copyright-protected works (such as graphics, photos, images, drawings and screenshots from Uber's website or app) without Uber's express written permission;
- Purchase keywords (including but not limited to Google AdWords) that contain any of Uber's trademarks;
- Use automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post or otherwise share your referral code;
- Use scripts or programmed or automatic diallers to send invitations or otherwise share your referral code;
- Make misleading claims about Uber, use offensive/abusive content, create fake websites/web pages/social media profiles/apps, misrepresent your connection to Uber, or otherwise make any false or misleading statements to get a referee/invitee to use your code; or
- Use your referral code in any manner that violates the law or the rights of anyone else.
Remember, when you share your referral code, you should explain that you are an Uber referrer.
Referrers are limited to a total of 50 referral payouts. Referral Rewards are discretionary, and the amount of a Referral Reward and the requirements to get it can vary both by city and within a city. As a result, if your referee/invitee signs up in a city that is different to yours, they may receive a different referral offer from the one stated in your invitation (they may receive the offer available in their sign-up city). That means you might end up with a different Referral Reward than you thought (you may receive the Referral Reward available for the invitee's sign-up city). Please note that, although you can invite someone in a different city, you cannot invite anyone in a different country.
Uber reserves the right to set a limit on the number of times you can use your referral code. The requirements for receiving, and the amounts of, Referral Rewards are subject to change at Uber's sole discretion. Referral Rewards in the form of Uber credits are not transferable, have no cash value and may expire.
For trips, bike or scooter users, or those who order with Uber Eats, referees/invitees may get a discount the first time they use the Uber applications and/or websites. The amount and form of the discount will be shown in their invitation. For drivers and couriers, referees/invitees may be eligible for special offers based on the number of trips or deliveries they made after signing up via an invitation. The terms of those offers will be shown in their invitation.
Uber reserves the right to change, end or pause, in whole or in part, any referral programme, as well as any referrer/inviter's or referee/invitee's ability to participate in any referral programme or receive Referral Rewards at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by either the referrer and/or referee/invitee), abuse or any violation of these Rules as well as any agreement (if one exists) between you and Uber or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates. If Uber ends any referral programme, any unused or unredeemed Referral Rewards may be forfeited at that time, provided that we give you 14 days of notice to use or redeem your Referral Rewards.
Uber may update these Rules at any time. If Uber makes an update, Uber will post the update on the Uber.com website and applications and provide you with notice of the update. Continued participation in any referral programme after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update.