Uber Trademark Policy
Notification of Trademark Infringement:
Uber Technologies, Inc. (“Uber”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and abides by local and federal laws relating thereto.
It is Uber’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of others.
Uber respects the rights of trademark owners and may assist trademark owners with the removal of infringing content. Uber is not an arbiter of third-party disputes and recognizes that third-parties may sometimes lawfully use trademarks owned by other parties. Accordingly, we encourage parties to an infringement dispute to communicate with each other to try to find an amicable resolution to the dispute. If you believe someone is infringing your trademark, you may submit a trademark complaint to Uber at the email or land address provided below; your complaint must include the following information:
Trademark Complaint Process
1. Provide your name, company name, and/or relationship to the trademark owner.
2. Identify the trademark(s) you claim is/are being infringed, including (a) the mark(s) (b) the trademark registration number(s); (c) the jurisdiction(s) in which the mark(s) is/are registered; and (d) a copy of the registration certificate(s) or other proof of ownership.
3. Identify the material you claim is infringing your trademark(s) and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the allegedly infringing material, including, at a minimum, the URL of the site(s) where such material may be found, if the material appears online, as well as the name and contact information of the alleged infringer, if available.
4. Include a brief description of why you believe the material infringes your trademark(s) and the action(s) you would like to be taken.
5. Provide an email address, telephone number, and mailing address at which we can contact you regarding this complaint.
6. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I am the owner (or authorized agent) of the trademark(s) that is allegedly infringed and I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the trademark(s) is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this complaint is true, complete and accurate.”
7. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
8. Deliver this Complaint with all items completed to the following email or land address:
c/o Uber Technologies, Inc.
1515 3rd Street
San Francisco, CA 94158
takedowns [at] uber [dot] com
Upon submission of your complaint, you will receive an automatic reply that your communication has been received. If the complaint is incomplete, you will receive a notification that identifies the missing information required for Uber to review the complaint. When your complaint is complete, Uber reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, that the complaint is without merit and, if so, to decline to take any further action. You will be notified of any such determination. Otherwise, Uber will forward your complaint and contact information to the allegedly infringing party, who will have 10 business days to provide a response. If no response is received within 10 business days, Uber may remove any allegedly infringing material or disable the allegedly infringing account. If a response is received, Uber will forward it to you, with a copy to the allegedly infringing party, and ask that you contact the party directly to try to amicably resolve the matter. If you and the allegedly infringing party are unable to amicably resolve the matter, Uber will engage third-party legal counsel to review the dispute and recommend which party to the dispute should prevail. Uber will inform both parties of legal counsel’s recommendation and then, absent extraordinary circumstances, take or decline to take action accordingly.
If you do not receive email communication from Uber regarding your complaint, please check your spam folder, before inquiring at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to add email@example.com to your spam filter’s safe list. Please do not contact any other email address regarding your complaint.
IMPORTANT: Communications unrelated to trademark use or infringement will be discarded. Please follow this link for Uber’s Guidelines for Third-Party Data Requests and Service of Legal Documents.