Uber Technologies, Inc. (“Uber”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and abides by local and federal laws relating thereto.
It is Uber’s policy, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, to disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the trademarks or other intellectual property rights of others.
Uber respects the rights of trademark owners and may assist trademark owners with the removal of infringing content. If you believe your trademark has been infringed, you may submit a trademark complaint and Uber will review and decide, at its sole discretion, whether to disable or take down the account. Uber is not an arbiter of third-party disputes and recognizes that third-parties may sometimes lawfully use trademarks owned by other parties. Accordingly, we encourage parties to reach out directly to the alleged infringer, as submission of a trademark complaint will not guarantee enforcement. If Uber removes content in response to a trademark complaint, we will notify the party you complained about to inform them the content was removed. We also provide them with your contact information, including the name of the trademark owner, email address, and a copy of your complaint.
In order to submit a trademark claim, you must provide the information requested below and forward to Uber at the address/email provided.
- Provide your name, company name and relationship to the trademark owner.
- Identify the trademark(s) you claim is/are being infringed, including (a) the mark (b) the trademark registration number; (c) the country in which the mark is registered; and (d) a copy of the registration certificate or other proof of ownership.
- Identify the material you claim is infringing (or to be the subject of infringing activity) and any information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material, including at a minimum, if applicable, the trademark and the URL of the link shown on the site(s) where such material may be found, name and address of the alleged infringer.
- Include a brief description of why you believe the material infringes your trademark(s) and the action you would like to be taken.
- Provide the email address, telephone number and mailing address at which you would like to be reached regarding this complaint.
- Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I am the owner (or authorized agent) of the trademark(s) that is allegedly infringed and I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the trademark(s) is not authorized by the owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this complaint is true, complete and accurate.”
- Provide your full legal name, street address, city, state, zip code, email address at which you would like to be contacted, and your electronic or physical signature.
- Deliver this Complaint with all items completed to the following email or address:
c/o Uber Technologies, Inc.
182 Howard Street # 8
San Francisco, CA 94105
takedowns [at] uber [dot] com
Upon submission of your complaint, you will receive an automatic reply that your communication has been received. If the complaint is incomplete, you will receive a notification that Uber will take no action, due to incomplete information. Once it is determined your complaint is complete, Uber will pass the information along to the alleged infringing party. They will have 10 business days within which to provide a response. Uber’s enforcement team will review both the complaint and the reply and make a determination, in its sole discretion, as to the action to be taken, if any. It will then communicate with both parties, setting forth the outcome of its review and any action to be taken. If you do not receive a reply email please check your spam folder prior to contacting us. You may also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your spam filter’s safe list.
IMPORTANT: Communications unrelated to trademark use or infringement will be discarded. Please follow this link for Uber’s Guidelines for Third Party Data Requests and Service of Legal Documents.