Uber Referral Program Rules
Thank you for helping to grow our community. From time to time, Uber, its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Uber") may invite you to participate in one of their referral programs to encourage people to use the Uber applications and/or websites. Participating in a referral program (either by referring your friends or family or signing up with a referral link or code) can be a great way for riders, Uber Eats users (where such service is available), drivers, delivery people, merchants, and fleet partners, carriers, and other users of Uber apps) (collectively "Uber users") to receive Uber Cash (where such service is available), other discounts or earn extra incentives or money (each a "Referral Reward").
Uber Referral Program rules (the "Rules") apply to referral programs that are administered solely by Uber, except for the UberHero app (where such service is available) By accepting and sharing your referral link or code or by signing up with a referral link or code, you are agreeing to be bound by these Rules. Any violation of these Rules will not only prevent you from participating in any Uber referral program (now or in the future), but could also result in the forfeiture or retraction of Uber credits, money, or other rewards earned through the program and even the deactivation of your account.
In addition, there may be other terms that apply to your Referral Reward based on the city where you signed up, including what actions you may need to take as well as the type and amount of the Referral Reward. See the additional terms that came with your invitation or those provided in our app or website when you made your referral.
1. Who is eligible to be a referrer/inviter?
Anyone may be a referrer/inviter who (a) is a legal resident of his/her country, (b) is of legal age where they live, and (c) has an Uber account in good standing. Referrers/inviters can be any type of Uber user; however, they cannot have more than one account for each Uber product or service.
2. Who is eligible to be a referee/invitee?
Your friends, family, and other people you know (but not yourself) may be eligible to be referees/invitees. To determine eligibility, keep in mind the following stipulations:
Eligible referees/invitees for those who order services through the Uber applications and/or websites:
To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who orders services through the Uber applications and/or websites, your referee/invitee must (a) be a new Uber user of that service or a user who has not used the Uber service within a certain period of time, (b) meet the conditions Uber has for using the app, and (c) complete the actions required by the specific referral program (purely for example purposes, takes a ride arranged through the Uber app or any other action as applicable).
Eligible referees/invitees for those who provide services through the Uber applications and/or websites:
To receive a Referral Reward for referring someone who provides services through the Uber applications and/or websites, your referee/invitee must (a) meet the eligibility criteria noted in the referral invite or offer (e.g., invitee must not have previously driven, delivered, or signed up to drive or deliver with Uber or perhaps is an existing account holder but has not driven or delivered with Uber within a certain period of time, as noted in the referral offer); (b) meet all the conditions Uber has for becoming a driver or delivery person; (c) use your referral link or code when they sign up to drive or deliver, or activate the offer, as is applicable; (d) complete the specific number of rides/deliveries within the time period specified by the program; (e) take any other actions required by the specific referral program; and (f) unless otherwise indicated in the offer, sign up or activate the offer, within 90 days of the referral invitation being sent. Your referees/invitees can be referred only once, so if someone else has referred them and they have accepted that invitation they will not be able to accept yours. In addition, please note that fleet partners cannot earn Referral Rewards for inviting or referring drivers in their fleet.
Referrers/inviters cannot: request themselves as a rider/Uber Eats user or other user, prearrange trips with riders, have someone else drive or deliver for them, create duplicate/multiple accounts, accept trips/deliveries without the intent to complete them, claim false fees or charges, manipulate trip details, or do anything else prohibited by Uber's Community Guidelines as updated from time to time and can be found here.
If you are providing Uber with the contact information for your referees/invitees, you represent that you have the right to provide that information.
Invitees/referees who use a referral link or code or activate a referral offer must agree to share their progress toward the required number of trips or deliveries noted in the offer (trip count information) with the inviter. Once the invitee/referee completes the requirements specified in the offer or when the referral program expires, whichever is earlier, such sharing will cease.
3. How can I use my referral link or code?
Uber has the right to limit the number of times you may use or share your referral link or code based on the referral program in which you participate. To see if your link or code has a limit, refer to the terms of the specific referral program in which you are participating.
Uber wants you to share your referral link or code and earn Referral Rewards, but referral links or codes must be used only for personal and non-commercial purposes. This means that you can share your referral link or code only with people you know. You agree that you will not:
- Duplicate, sell, or transfer your referral link or code in any manner or make it available to the general public (such as by printing it on business cards; posting it on a coupon website, job website or using it as part of a job application, including but not limited to the following website and applications Amazon, EBay, Fiverr, Craigslist, RetailMeNot, Reddit, Wikipedia, Gumtree, Moneysavingexpert, Groupon or using paid social media or paid search);
- Try to get referees/invitees by spamming, bulk emailing, or sending large numbers of unsolicited emails. The only people you should be emailing are people you know personally;
- Use, display, or manipulate Uber intellectual property (such as Uber's logos, trademarks, and copyright-protected works) in any way, except as to identify yourself as an Uber user, Uber referrer/inviter, or referrer/inviter for Uber;
- Create or register any (i) businesses, (ii) URLs, (iii) domain names, (iv) software application names or titles, or (v) social media handles or profiles that include the word "Uber" or any of Uber's other trademarks or any words that are confusingly similar to Uber's trademarks.
- Use Uber's trademarks as your social media profile picture or wallpaper or use any of Uber's copyright-protected works (such as graphics, photos, images, drawings, and screenshots from Uber's website or app) without Uber's express written permission;
- Purchase keywords (including, but not limited to Google AdWords) that contain any of Uber's trademarks;
- Use automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post, or otherwise share your referral link or code;
- Use scripts or programmed or automatic dialers to send invites or otherwise share your referral link or code;
- Make misleading claims about Uber, use offensive/abusive content, create fake websites/webpages/social media profiles/apps, misrepresent your connection to Uber, or otherwise make any false or misleading statements to get a referee/invitee to use your link or code; or
- Use your referral link or code in any manner that violates the law or the rights of anyone else.
Remember, when you share your referral link or code, you should explain that you are an Uber referrer.
4. How do I earn my Referral Reward as a referrer/inviter?
Referrers are limited to a combined total of 10 referral payouts. Referral Rewards are discretionary and the amount of a Referral Reward and the requirements to get it can vary both by city and within a city. As a result, if your referee/invitee signs up in a city that is different from yours, they may receive a different referral offer than the one stated in your invitation (they may receive the offer available in their sign-up city) and the offer as well as the Referral Reward amount will be confirmed upon the invitee/referee signing up using your referral link or code. Likewise, if your invitee is an existing driver or delivery person and activates the referral offer in a city that is different from yours, or using a different modality (car, bike or other) than initially contemplated, they may receive a different offer than the one stated in your invitation and the offer as well as the Referral Reward amount will be confirmed upon the referee/invitee activating the offer using your referral link or code. This means you might end up with a different Referral Reward than you thought. Please note that although you can invite someone in a different city, you cannot invite anyone in a different country.
Uber reserves the right to set a limit on the number of times you may use your referral link or code. The requirements for receiving, and the amounts of, Referral Rewards are subject to change at Uber's sole discretion. Referral Rewards in the form of Uber credits are not transferable, have no cash value, and may expire.
5. How can I earn a Referral Reward as a referee/invitee?
For rides, bike or scooter users, or those who order with Uber Eats (where such service is available), referees/invitees may get a discount the first time they use the Uber applications and/or websites. The amount and form of the discount will be shown in their invitation. For drivers and delivery people, referees/invitees may be eligible for special offers based on the number of trips or deliveries they made after signing up through an invitation. The invitee needs to have an activated account (i.e. have all required documents uploaded and approved) to receive the payout. The terms of those offers will be shown in their invitation.
6. Termination and changes
Uber reserves the right to change, end, or pause, in whole or in part, any referral program, as well as any referrer/inviter's or referee/invitee's ability to participate in any referral program or receive Referral Rewards at any time for any reason, including suspected fraud (including by either the referrer and/or referee/invitee), abuse, or any violation of these Rules as well as any agreement (if one exists) between you and Uber or any of its subsidiaries and affiliates. If Uber ends any referral program, any unused or unredeemed Referral Rewards may be forfeited at that time, provided we give you 14 days of notice to use or redeem your Referral Rewards.
Uber may update these Rules at any time. If Uber makes an update, Uber will post the update on the Uber.com website and applications and provide you notice of the update. Continued participation in any referral program after any update will mean that you have agreed to the update.