Most people can drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car or commercial permit. Requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Meet the minimum age requirement
- Be legally allowed to drive in your country
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below. If you want to use your own car, you’ll also need to provide registration and insurance.
- Valid documentation to drive in your country
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a front-facing, centered photo including the driver's full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver's license photo or other printed photograph
It's easy to get started
1. Sign up online
Tell us about yourself and your car, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll help you get one.
2. Share some documents
We’ll need a copy of your driver's license and some information for a screening. You can also sign your agreements online and add a vehicle to your account.
3. Activate your account
Bring your car to a local activation center, or partner with a transport company and drive using their vehicles. Requirements vary by city, so sign up to see more information.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.