Most people can drive with Uber, but the requirements vary by city. There are a few minimum requirements:
- Aged 18 or above
- Be legally allowed to drive in your country
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below. If you want to use your own car, you’ll also need to provide registration and insurance.
- Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
- Vehicle Registration Document (2008 or updated models)
- Vehicle Insurance
- Full Driving Licence (Probationary Licence is ineligible)
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver's full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver's license photo or other printed photograph
After signing up, we will undergo a background screening. It takes 3-5 business days normally.
It's easy to get started
1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car. Vehicle requirements vary by region, so we’ll show you what’s needed for your city.
2. Share some documents
Just upload your license, registration, proof of insurance, and the necessary information to start a driver screening.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.