Opportunity is everywhere
Make the most of your time on the road with requests from the largest network of active riders.
Why drive with us
Set your own hours
You decide when and how often you drive.
Get support at every turn
If there’s anything that you need, you can reach us anytime.
Here's what you need to sign up
- Aged 18 or above
- Be legally allowed to drive in your country
- Hong Kong permanent identity card
- Vehicle registration document (2005 or updated models)
- Vehicle insurance
- Full driving licence (probationary licence is ineligible)
- A driver profile photo
- After signing up, you will undergo a background screening. It normally takes 3-5 business days.
Safety on the road
Your safety drives us to continuously raise the bar.
Tell your loved ones where you are. Get help with the tap of a button. Technology makes travel safer than ever before.
Help if you need it
From contacting emergency assistance to getting 24/7 support, the app is designed around your safety.
An inclusive community
We are millions of drivers and riders who share Community Guidelines and depend on one another to do the right thing.
Top questions from drivers
- I don't have a car. Can I still drive with Uber?
Uber arranges rental options for you. Send us a WhatsApp on +852-5468-9697 to learn more.
- Does Uber purchase insurance for Uber rides in Hong Kong?
Uber has purchased an insurance policy to ensure that all Uber rides have the necessary compulsory insurance coverage in place.
- Is Uber safe?
Your safety matters to us. Uber has a global Safety team dedicated to doing our part to help prevent incidents. Learn more about the safety features in the app, as well as safeguards such as GPS tracking and phone anonymization, by visiting the link below.
- What are the requirements to drive with Uber?
You must meet the minimum age to drive in your city and submit required documents, including a valid driver’s license.
Certain requirements and features vary by country, region, and city.