Reserve a ride with Uber in advance at Wellington International Airport
A smarter way to travel
Request a ride around the world
Tap a button and get airport transportation at more than 500 major hubs.
Get around like a local
Let the app and your driver handle the details, so you don’t have to navigate an unfamiliar city.
Feel at home with Uber
Find your favorite features, including real-time pricing and cash-free payment, even if you’re in a new place.
Ways to ride in the area
Affordable, everyday rides
Top rated drivers with newer cars.
Affordable rides for you and your pet
Special assistance from certified drivers
How to get a ride from Wellington Airport
Find your pickup location
Exit the terminal on Level 0 and head to the app-based pickup zone located near the rental car zone in the covered car park.
Check the app for details
Once you’ve requested a ride, you’ll receive directions through the app. You can also look for the signs that point to the app-based pickup zone.
Meet your driver
Your driver’s name, license plate, and car color will show in the app. If you can’t find your driver, contact them through the app.
Wellington Airport map
Pick up a local SIM card
You can pick up a prepaid SIM card from Relay Newsagency on Level 1 or from the Vodaphone store located on the ground level next to Baggage Claim 1.
Top questions from riders
- Can riders be picked up at Wellington Airport using the Uber app?
Yes, riders can request a ride through the Uber app to and from Wellington Airport.
- How much will an Uber trip to or from Wellington Airport cost?
Uber can get you from:
- Wellington Airport to Te Aro, starting at $14
- Wellington Airport to Wellington CBD, starting at $15
- Wellington Airport to Zealandia, starting at $17
- Wellington Airport to Thorndon, starting at $18
These are estimated fares. Actual fares vary based on time of day, pickup location, and dropoff location. Trips originating and terminating at Wellington Airport are subject to an airport access fee.
- Is there an airport fee for trips requested through the Uber app?
Yes, Wellington Airport charges a $3 access fee for Uber pickups and dropoffs. This fee is automatically added to your fare when you request a ride to or from Wellington Airport.
- Where do I meet my driver for a pickup at Wellington Airport?
Exit the terminal and follow the signs to the app-based pickup zone, which is located near the car rental zone. Follow the yellow pedestrian path through the rental car parking area to the pickup zone.
Driving with Uber?
Wellington Airport visitor information
Wellington Airport (WLG) is the 3rd-busiest airport in New Zealand.
The airport is just over 20 minutes’ drive from the city center.
Wellington Airport terminals
Wellington Airport serves the following airlines:
- Air Chathams
- Air New Zealand
- Golden Bay Air
- Virgin Australia
Wellington Airport lounges
There are 4 airline lounges hosted at Wellington Airport: 2 in the International Terminal and 2 in the Domestic Terminal.
In the Wellington Domestic Terminal:
- The Air New Zealand Koru Lounge, located after security screening
- The Air New Zealand Regional Koru Lounge, located before security
In the Wellington International Terminal:
- Air New Zealand’s International Lounge is located after customs and security
- The Qantas International Business Lounge is located airside in the international departures area
Things to do at Wellington Airport
Wellington Airport features a variety of dining options, duty-free facilities, shops, and leisure areas for passengers.
Currency exchange at Wellington Airport
Foreign currency can be exchanged at the 2 Travelex stores located in Wellington Airport:
- Level 1 international departures, landside
- International arrivals, landside
Hotels near Wellington Airport
Whether you have a layover or an overnight flight delay, or you need a place to stay for a visit near WLG, there are multiple hotels and accommodation options nearby.
Find more information about Wellington Airport here.