Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of year for cleaning out closets. In the spirit of the season, we are teaming up with forgood to make donating clothing, appliances, electronics, car seats and non-perishable foods quick and convenient!
#uberforgood – Clean out your cupboards and let us take care of the rest
On Tuesday, 8 September, with the touch of a button, a driver will come to your doorstep, pick up your donations and deliver them directly to forgood depots in Joburg, Pretoria, Cape Town and Durban to distribute to relevant causes — all for free!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up your spring cleaned clothing, box up your household items, appliances, electronics and non-perishable foods for people or animals. Car seats will also be accepted.
- Signup here if you are not yet an Uber user.
- Open your Uber app on Tuesday, 8 September between 10:00 – 16:00.
- Select the ‘FORGOOD’ vehicle view at the bottom of the screen.
- UberVANs in Joburg and Pretoria, UberXLs in Cape Town and uberXs in Durban will arrive to pick up your items and drop-off your donation to the forgood depots free of charge.
- All clothing must be bagged and all household items, appliances, electronics and non-perishable foods must be boxed in order for drivers to accept your donation. Car seats can be kept separate. Please mark clearly what you are donating!
- Causes have a huge variety of needs and as long as the donations are of good quality, we will find a good home for them. There are 480 ideas right here.
- Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your items out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- If the vehicle you request already has some items in it, and your items will take up more space than what is left, then you may have to request another vehicle. No worries though it is free!
- #uberforgood will be in high demand so please be patient!
If you are unable to request an #uberforgood vehicle on the day, just go to forgood and create your own offer. Causes can then browse through the offers and contact you if they need your services/items. This is an easy way to make sure your donations go to a worthy cause!
Forgood is an online platform that connects people who want to make a difference to causes that need their help. Connect with a cause that needs something: a donation of time or goods. You can choose causes that interest you or focus on those in your area.
We hope you join us on Tuesday 8th September!