Annual Screening process
Re-running your screening checks
Uber is committed to ensuring that the Uber app remains safe for driver-partners and riders to use. Driver-partners will be required to have their background checks run annually to confirm that they still have a clear criminal history.
How to schedule your screening
Attend your session
Provide a valid email address to the agent assisting you. Your results will be sent to this email address.
Cost of the screening: R150
Re-check frequently asked questions
Why does a driver have to go for a Screening check re-check
- Uber needs to keep accurate records of its partners background criminal results. Screening checks typically only includes information about a person’s past. Current records may not be reported to Uber unless Uber requests them.
- We understand that although a partner may pass the initial criminal screening, he may subsequently pick up a serious criminal record
- Uber is committed to ensuring that the platform remains safe for its partners and riders
How often should a driver go for a Screening check re-check
Who should go for a screening check re-check
All current drivers whose Screening check document is about to expire
Do drivers have to book for a Screening check re-check
Where can drivers book for Screening check re-check
www.bookwhen.com/BGC-Rerun or http://t.uber.com/BGC-Rerun
When should a driver book for the screening re-check
Please book at least 4 weeks before the expiration of your Screening check document to ensure you obtain your background check result in time
How will I obtain a background check result
Please ensure you provide the agent capturing your fingerprints a valid email address to which the background check result will be sent
What should I do with the background check result documents
Please download the background check document from your email inbox and upload it on http://t.uber.com/doc-upload
What is the cost of the Screening check re-check?
R150 once off
What will happen if I do not upload the background check result document on time
The Background Check Result document is required to remain active on the Uber app.
Cases awaiting Trial
- If the CRC representative finds that there is a Case Awaiting Trial that is still open on your name then he/she will request a SAPS 69 form from the investigating officer. Once he/she receives the report your name will be cleared. Once cleared the CRC representative will print out proof of clearance.
- Go for another background check at one of the Uber background check agents
- If the result comes back as clear 48 hours later, please upload the new background check result document on your profile and visit the Greenlight hub for reactivation
- If the CRC finds that you have a conviction on your name, he/she will provide guidance on the expungement process.
- Once the expungement report is issued by the director general of Justice, you can proceed with going for another background check at one of the Uber’s Background check agents office
- If the result comes back as clear 48 hours later, please upload the new Background check result document on your profile and visit the Greenlight hub for reactivation