Driver and Vehicle requirements
How to drive with Uber in South Africa
Some South African cities are currently not accepting new vehicles. Select your city to see whether you are able to add a vehicle to the app.
Minimum driver-partner requirements
Most people can drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car. Requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- A valid South African Professional driving permit (PrDP)
- Complete a safety screening
- Pass a driving evaluation
- You have to be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Provide a driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
Minimum vehicle requirements
All vehicles need to be in excellent working and physical condition. All vehicles must have:
- A working radio
- Air conditioning
- Four doors
No hatchbacks accepted. All vehicles must be 2013 or Newer.
Required vehicle documentation
Before hitting the road, you will need to upload the documentation below.
- Vehicle Insurance
- Operator’s card (double disc)
- Vehicle inspection report
- Certificate of registration
- Operator's permit from the department of transport
More ways to earn
Drivers with a motor bike license may qualify for delivery services with UberEATS.
Ready to make money?
The first step is to sign up
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.