Moving around your city should be quick and convenient for all. At Uber, we strive to create transportation options that give equal opportunities and access to everyone.
This is why we’re excited to announce the launch of uberASSIST in Cape Town! UberASSIST has been designed to provide additional assistance for senior riders and riders with access needs. Driver-partners are specifically trained to assist riders when getting into a vehicle, and can accommodate folding wheelchairs, walkers and service animals.
Safe and reliable rides for all
How to access uberASSIST in Cape Town?
1. Open the Uber app
2. Enter your destination
3. Swipe left and select uberASSIST
4. Confirm pick-up location and request a ride
As this service is specifically aimed at those with access needs, we urge you to respect others by only using uberASSIST if applicable to you. We’d like to ensure those who need to get an uberASSIST ride can always do so.
- After requesting your ride, feel free to contact your uberASSIST driver-partner ahead of time with any specific requests.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip, and we use that information to ensure that riders always receive safe and reliable transport services.
- Please note that uberASSIST vehicles do not have wheelchair accessible ramps.
#uberASSIST – expanding the transportation options for all!