Moving around your city should be quick and convenient for all. Did you know that you can request uberASSIST should you require additional assistance when riding with Uber?
UberASSIST has been designed to provide added support for members of the senior and disabled communities. Driver-partners are specifically trained to assist riders when getting into a vehicle, and can accommodate folding wheelchairs, walkers, guide dogs and scooters.
How to access uberASSIST in Cape Town or Johannesburg?
- Open the Uber app.
- Enter your destination.
- Swipe up and select uberASSIST.
- Confirm pick-up location and request a ride.
- After requesting your ride, feel free to contact your uberASSIST driver-partner ahead of time with any specific requests.
- Provide feedback. Our feedback loop asks riders to rate every trip. We use that information to evaluate our driver-partners
- Please note that uberASSIST vehicles do not have wheelchair accessible ramps.
- UberASSIST is only available in Johannesburg and Cape Town at present.