uberPOOL is our ridesharing option that matches you with other riders coming from the same area, heading in the same direction, at the same time. With uberPOOL, you’ll be able to share your ride and save up to 40%, while getting cars off the road. This is the future of transportation.
HOW IS uberPOOL DIFFERENT?
uberPOOL works like uberX, with a few differences that help make it a cheaper option:
- You need to enter your destination when you request the trip, so the app can match you with other riders heading in the same direction. This also allows it to quote an upfront fare before you request (this fare is guaranteed regardless of whether you’re matched or not).
- Each rider can have only one destination and you can’t change your pickup location or destination after you request
- Because you may be sharing your ride with others to save on fares, a few more minutes will be added to your trip time.
- Once you’ve been matched with a co-rider, you’ll receive a notification with that rider’s name and who’s being picked up first. To ensure there’s room for everyone, there will only be a maximum of 2 riders per pickup.
HOW DO I BOOK AN uberPOOL RIDE?
uberPOOL relies on the same convenient, safe, and reliable uberX ride you know and love.
- Request: Open your app and enter your destination via the ‘Where to?’ section to get the upfront fare and estimated time of arrival.
- Ride: You may be matched with another rider travelling along a similar route. Picking up additional riders may add a few more minutes to your trip, but this guarantees a cheaper fare.
- Relax: Sit back and relax – whether you’re matched with other riders or not, you’ll still pay up to 40% less!
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
The quoted fare you’re shown before you request is guaranteed whether you’re matched or not— so you always know how much you pay. Your fare is automatically calculated based on the destination as well as the likelihood of getting matched given the time of day and location of your request.
DOES DYNAMIC PRICING APPLY TO uberPOOL?
Yes. uberPOOL fares are estimated in relation to uberX rates. When dynamic pricing kicks in on uberX, prices are also adjusted accordingly uberPOOL. That said, uberPOOL will still always be cheaper than uberX since your likelihood of getting matched is taken into consideration when calculating your guaranteed uberPOOL fare.
CAN I BRING OTHER PEOPLE?
Each uberPOOL request may have a maximum of 2 riders per pickup, which you can select in the app when you request. Feel free to bring a friend!
HOW IS MY CO-RIDER CHOSEN?
Co-riders are matched according to similar pickup locations and destinations. As always, we’re always aiming to take you on the most efficient route based on your request. Once you start your uberPOOL trip, you can’t ask the driver to cancel on the other rider.
WHAT IF I DON’T MATCH WITH ANOTHER RIDER?
If there is no rider near you with a similar route, you’ll get a solo ride (just like taking uberX), but will still only pay the guaranteed fare quoted in the app before you requested.
WHAT TYPE OF CAR WILL I GET?
You’ll share one of the vehicles that would otherwise be available on uberX.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE? WILL I GO OUT OF MY WAY?
We match riders in a way that does not significantly increase your trip time, nor take you far out of the way. You will also be shown the estimated time of arrival before you request your ride, so you’re aware of what time you’ll reach your destination. If you’re in a rush, you can also opt for uberX!
I WAS PICKED UP FIRST—WHY WAS I DROPPED OFF SECOND?
We map the route to be the most efficient possible. That means that sometimes you will be picked up first and dropped off second, but your total trip time will be minimised.
CAN I BRING LUGGAGE?
Yes, you can. Taking uberPOOL is one of the most cost-efficient ways to go to the airport! But remember—there will need to be room for another person and their belongings in the car.
CAN I CANCEL THE TRIP?
When you request uberPOOL, you’re making a commitment to both your co-rider and the driver. You’d be advised that the waiting time is 2 minutes on POOL. Cancellations damage both of their experiences, so please don’t leave them hanging! You’ll be charged a $6 fee immediately if you cancel a ride.
CAN I CHANGE MY DESTINATION OR PICKUP LOCATION?
Because we use your pickup location and destination when matching you with another rider, you cannot change either once you’ve requested the trip.