Ride with peace of mind
What exactly is PIN verification and when do you use it?
Put simply, it’s an added safety feature that you can use to make sure you’re hopping into the ride you requested. It’s easy to make a mistake and get into the wrong car, especially when it’s late at night, or you’re in a crowded spot and all the vehicles look similar. PIN verification is a straight-forward feature that ensures you take the right ride.
Firstly, let’s activate PIN verification:
- Go to Account –> Settings –> Verify ride with PIN
- Tap Use PIN to verify Trips – by selecting this, all your rides will require PIN verification
- If you prefer to just have night-time verifications, toggle to Night-time only
- Then Confirm settings and Save.
Here’s how it works:
- Once you’ve been matched with a ride, you’ll see a PIN below your ETA status
- On arrival, your driver should ask you for the PIN
- If the PIN is correct, you’re all good to start your trip
- If the number doesn’t match, the driver will be unable to start the trip.
If something feels wrong, let us know via the app.
Introducing Uber Comfort – new ride option with a little extra for your comfort
July 7, 2020 / Poland
Attribute-Based Access Control at Uber
Driver in-Person Verification
How Uber Optimized Cassandra Operations At Scale
Innovative Recommendation Applications Using Two Tower Embeddings at Uber