From Manila to Cebu, people will rely on Uber to get to and from their festivities so they don’t need to get behind the wheel. Even on one of our busiest nights of the year, we want to help ensure safe and comfortable rides for everyone so you can worry less about driving and parking, and focus more on spending time with your loved ones.
Given we’re expecting millions of rides to occur on just this one night, we ask for your patience in booking rides this New Year’s Eve. We expect demand to be at its highest from midnight to 3am.
To help make it easier for you to use Uber during our busiest times, we’ve put together some tips on how to Ride Safe and Ride Smart.
Ride Smart Tips to getting a ride faster:
- Ride together with Multiple Destinations. Start the party early and share an Uber with your friends and family by picking them up en route to the party or reunion.
- Share the costs with Split Fares. Whether you’re riding with your loved ones using Multiple Destination or all meet at the same place to catch your ride, split the fare right in the app with your friends.
- uberPOOL. If we get more people into fewer cars, there will be more Ubers available for everyone to enjoy. At the fraction of the cost of uberX, you can share a ride with others leaving around the same time, and heading in the same direction with uberPOOL.
Ride Safe Tips for a smoother ride:
- Request your ride indoors. Avoid spending unnecessary time outside alone with your phone in your hand. Instead, wait indoors until the app shows your driver has arrived.
- Get in the right car. Before you get in the car, check that licence plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app. Uber rides can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car with a driver who claims to be with Uber and offers a ride.
- Share your trip status. Whether you’re running early, late, or right on time, keep your family and friends posted by sharing your trip details with them straight from the app. While en route, tap “Share status” in the app to share your driver’s details and your location to your loved ones.
- Protect your personal information. There’s no need to share your phone number or other contact information with your driver. If you need to contact the driver, you may use the in-app chat instead of using your personal mobile number to protect your privacy.
- Contact support. If you lose an item or encounter any issue, remember you should immediately report an issue through your trip receipt or via help.uber.com.
- Be kind and respectful. Driving can be stressful so don’t forget to leave your driver a compliment or a thank you note. To help make Uber better for everyone, make sure to follow our updated Community Guidelines to ensure that both riders and drivers treat each other with respect.