Two new delivery offerings are coming to New Zealand – Uber Connect and delivery for businesses.
Uber Connect will launch in Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch, allowing Kiwis to send packages to family and friends.
Uber Connect is an affordable same-day contactless delivery solution – so whether it’s a jersey for a sold-out Blues game or you’ve left your passport at your Mum’s house, you can send it by selecting “Uber Connect” in the Uber app.
From today, businesses in Auckland will also be able to tap into a network of driver-partners through the Uber app to help solve their online delivery headaches and ensure customers get their deliveries on time.
With online delivery set to remain exceedingly popular in coming months, delivery with Uber for Business allows companies to provide same day or scheduled contactless deliveries. This is one way the Uber app can help support Kiwi businesses and ensure people can get the items they need with the ease of an Uber trip.
Uber Connect and delivery with Uber for Business are just some ways the Uber app is helping move what matters most.
How Uber Connect works:
- Package the items in a sealed box or bag, wiping down surfaces with disinfectant.
- Tell your driver-partner ‘Where to?’ in your Uber app.
- Choose Uber Connect as the ride (you may have to swipe up for the option).
- Follow the notifications You’ll get notifications providing instructions on how to help ensure a smooth pickup and when your driver-partner is arriving, just as you would with an UberX trip. As you see the car approach in the app, you should head outside and load your item into the car boot.
- Share the trip status with up to 5 people in your contact list. Unless it’s a surprise gift, one of these should be the recipient so they can easily monitor the delivery’s progress.
How delivery with Uber for Business works for business customers
- Book on demand parcel pick-ups through your business dashboard
- Manage multiple deliveries in real-time
- Request a pick-up for urgent delivery or schedule when required to be completed by a delivery-partner on the Uber platform
- Track parcel pick-up and delivery via your Uber Central dashboard
- Send custom notes and instructions to driver-partners for seamless, contactless delivery
Auckland businesses who are interested in this offering can sign up here.