A new way to verify your ride
We’ve created a PIN verification feature to help you make sure you’re always getting into the right car. You can choose to turn on this feature for added peace of mind on every ride.
How to turn PIN verification on
- Update your Uber app to the latest version.
- In the app, go to Settings, and tap Verify your rides.
- Select ‘Use PIN to verify rides’ to toggle it on.
- Then, choose either ‘Every ride’ or ‘Only at night’.
- Tap Done.
After turning PIN verification on, you’ll receive a unique 4-digit PIN whenever you request a ride. Before entering the car, tell the driver your PIN. You will receive an in-app confirmation once your driver has successfully entered your PIN.
Verify your ride, every time
If you choose not to use the new PIN verification feature, remember to always verify that you’re getting into the right car by checking:
- The driver matches their profile photo
- The licence plate and car make and model match what’s shown in your app