Spring has sprung, and it’s officially the time of the year to clean out your closet. So why not do a world of good in the process?
Uber are proud to partner with New Zealand Red Cross to celebrate their 100 years of activity in Aotearoa, a Century of Care, with the #UBERNZRC clothing drive!
This Sunday, 15th November, we’re making clothing donation quick and convenient in Auckland and Wellington!
HOW IT WORKS
- Bag up the clothing you’re willing to donate.
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 4pm on Sunday 15th November.
- Slide across to the ‘Clothing Drive‘ option in the app, and ‘Request’.
- A van will arrive to collect your items and drop-off your donation at a local Red Cross Shop – free of charge.
- Keen to get involved? Set yourself a REMINDER and we’ll let you know when the Clothing Drive is live in the app!
New Zealand Red Cross provides a broad range of humanitarian assistance at home, overseas and in the Pacific, as part of the world’s oldest and most trusted humanitarian organisation.
Every year New Zealand Red Cross delivers more than 500,000 meals on wheels, trains over 60,000 Kiwis in first aid education, helps resettle 750 refugees and provides emergency response and welfare. Internationally, Red Cross aid workers and aid programmes support people affected by conflict and disaster.
This could not happen without the support of New Zealand Red Cross Shops across the country, and the thousands of Kiwis who donate their quality second-hand clothing. Uber is proud to partner with New Zealand Cross to support these efforts.
Auckland Uber riders are also invited to celebrate the Century of Care at the New Zealand Red Cross 100 Reasons Family Event on Saturday 14th November. Come down and help us say ‘Cheers!’ to New Zealand Red Cross!
#UBERNZRC FINER DETAILS
- Please only donate quality clothing that is saleable.
- All clothing must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation.
- Please remember that drivers can’t leave their vehicles unattended. Please bring your bagged donations to your driver when they arrive.
- #UBERNZRC Clothing Drive will be in high demand, so please be patient if a car isn’t available right away.
WANT TO RESTOCK YOUR WARDROBE FOR SUMMER?
Donate clothing to New Zealand Red Cross Clothing Drive this Sunday and you’ll automatically be entered into a draw to win from a prize pack valued at over $1500!
SPECIAL THANKS TO
NEW TO UBER?
- Uber is a smartphone app that connects you to a safe, reliable and affordable ride at the touch of a button.
- More than 100,000 Kiwis now use Uber to get around their cities.
- Download the Uber app via the Apple, Android or Windows store.
- Sign up with the code UBERNZRC to get your first ride free, up to $20!