Helping to build the future of Uber
The Uber Advisory Forums are a group of driver-partners who will represent their community and help shape the future of Uber for Kiwis. The first New Zealand Advisory Forum will be held in February 2023.
Represent your community – Express your interest now!
If you have ideas on how to improve the platform and want to represent your fellow driver-partners, we hope that you’ll express your interest to be an Advisor.
If selected by RPS, you’ll be compensated for your participation in the forum. Nominations close at 11:45 pm on Tuesday 21 December 2022
Frequently asked questions
- What does being an advisor involve?
- Twice a year, Advisors will meet with members of our Uber operations and leadership teams to give feedback, share their ideas for solutions and advocate for the interests of their fellow driver-partners.
- RPS will ask Advisors to complete some preparation work ahead of each forum and to make an effort to engage with their driver-partner community so they can represent their voices.
- Advisors should be willing to participate in the forum twice a year. They will be compensated by RPS for participating in the forum.
- How much time will advisors spend participating in the forum?
- Advisors will be required to participate in the forum twice a year. Each forum should run for approximately 5 hours (excluding breaks). RPS will ask Advisors to complete a little less than 10 hours of preparation work (including keeping an ear out for feedback from other driver-partners).
- Before the forums kick off, Advisors will need to spend a few hours getting familiar with the forum set up and responsibilities.
- Will advisors be asked to travel to attend the forums?
- Yes, Advisors are expected to attend an in-person Forum in a major city where travel may be required at the end of February 2023.
- Reasonable travel costs including flights and accommodation will be covered for the Advisory Forum day
- Some forums will be held virtually (via Zoom). RPS will make sure that you are familiar with Zoom, so don’t worry if you haven’t used it before.
- What is the criteria to become an advisor?
It’s important that Advisors have had a sufficient level of experience and familiarity with the Uber or Uber Eats platform in order to be informed in the forum setting. Therefore, to be eligible for selection, applicants must meet the below criteria at the point of registration:
- Have completed at least 750 trips if a driver-partner
- Have completed at least 500 trips if a delivery person
- Have completed a trip in the last 90 days
RPS will then randomly select advisors from this pool of eligible applicants.
- I’d like to express my interest. When will I find out if I’ve been selected?
- You will be contacted by RPS in early 2023
- If you miss out this time, you may still be on the Advisor waitlist and you will always have the opportunity to express your interest for the next set of Advisors! Furthermore, there are other ways for you to share your feedback for the forums. Stay tuned for further communications on the Have Your Say Survey in the lead up to the Advisory Forums.
6 ways to optimise your Uber Eats menu
Real-Time Analytics for Mobile App Crashes using Apache Pinot
Our Journey Adopting SPIFFE/SPIRE at Scale