We are thrilled to announce an innovative collaboration with Paga – the money transfer service in Nigeria. Through this partnership, riders in Lagos can pay for their cash trips through their mobile phone. By simply visiting the mobile site or downloading the Paga app, riders can still enjoy the convenience of cash free payments.
“Our partnership with Uber is directly in line with our commitment to make payments convenient and easy for everyone. Uber riders can now enjoy the convenience of paying for their rides through their Paga accounts or a local debit card without worrying about the foreign exchange rate issues. Shortly, we will also add the ability to pay directly from your bank account for the ride. At Paga we are indifferent to the funding source of your transaction; we simply want to help you pay in the most convenient way. We are excited that Uber has chosen Paga, and look forward to supporting the company’s rapid growth across Nigeria.” said Tayo Oviosu, Paga Founder and CEO.
“We are excited to be partnering with Paga to simplify and improve the payment experience of our riders and driver-partners. Our partnership with Paga is built upon a shared vision that payments should be simple and convenient and both companies are committed to working together to ensure a seamless experience for all customers. Partnering with Paga enables more Nigerians to access the Uber platform, many of which are not yet comfortable using their debit or credit cards. We look forward to providing more Nigerians with a safe, reliable ride at the touch of a button” said, Ebi Atawodi, General Manager, Uber Nigeria.
HOW TO PAY WITH PAGA:
- Riders do not need to have a Paga account to pay with Paga. However, for a seamless cash experience, it is recommended to register a Paga account.
- Select Cash for your trip and request an Uber (Read more about Cash here)
- Visit www.mypaga.com/pay/uber on your mobile phone or download the app on your Android.
- At the end of the trip, enter Payment amount, driver number and any payment notes you wish to add
- Select your preferred payment method: ‘Pay with Paga’ or ‘Pay with Card’ and pay your fare.
Want to create a Paga Account? Sign up here