Just as riders can share their trip status with a loved one, drivers are also able to let friends and family track their trip – straight from the app.
Friends and family can easily see your trip status and where you are on the map, so that someone you trust always knows where you are. Drivers who feel insecure in a certain area or time of day are now able to share their trip status with loved ones, which ultimately gives you more control and assurance when behind the wheel. Plus, you can start and stop sharing anytime!
How it works:
- Go to ‘Share My Trip’ under the Settings tab in the app, or select ‘Share My Trip’ from the card in your feed.
- Select the contacts you want to share with and tap the share icon in the top left corner to start sharing.
- Your contact will see details about your trip. Tap ‘Stop Sharing’ at any time to end ‘Share My Trip’.
What you need to know:
- Rider privacy will not be impacted.
- No personal information or specific drop-off or pick-up points will be shared.