That moment when you realize you’ve forgotten a personal item in your ride, and your heart skips a beat.
We’re taking a look at what riders usually leave behind, and reminding folks how to reunite with their lost items. With Friday and Thursday being the most forgetful days of the week and post-lunch lazy lull most likely hours (1 pm to 3 pm) to forget, here’s an interesting snapshot of India’s forgetful spree – Uber’s Lost & Found Index 2020
The full results are below. Take a look – they may surprise you!
Top 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items
- Water Bottle
Top 10 Most ‘Forgetful’ Cities
Top 5 Most Forgetful Days of the Year
- August 03, 2019
- July 06, 2019
- August 31, 2019
- June 30, 2019
- July 27, 2019
Lost items that peak on certain days:
- People are most likely to forget a guitar on Saturdays and Sundays
- People are most likely to forget their Business card holder on Mondays and Fridays
- People are most likely to forget their lunch on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
Top 20 Most Unique Lost Items
- Acrylic artificial tooth
- ‘Becoming’ – A book by Michelle Obama
- Exam Notes
- Medical Prescriptions
- Teddy bear
- Military shoes
- Kitchen Tawa
- Facial make-up kit
- 1 Blanket and 2 pillow
- Dettol bottle
- A Rose
- Safari suit
- AC remote
- Icebox with injection
- Tambola game
- Kids’ tricycle
Here’s a quick guide for riders looking for “Lost Items”
- Go to “Menu”
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “Report an issue with this trip”
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact my driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead.
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If you are unable to connect with the driver, use ‘in-app support’ to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you.
If you leave your phone itself in an Uber, you can login to your account on a computer.