We know it has not been easy to be away from friends and family. As you continue to stay indoors and practice social distancing, we want you to stay connected with your kindred. Our new package delivery service called Uber Connect will help you do that.
Uber Connect is available in Kolkata, Guwahati, Jaipur, Gurgaon, Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kota, Nashik, Bhubaneswar, Indore, Lucknow, Patna, Visakhapatnam, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Coimbatore, Ludhiana, Mysore, Vijayawada, Pune, Mumbai, Bangalore, Goa, and Chandigarh so that residents of these cities can send and receive packages within the city, while maintaining social distancing. Whether it’s a favorite book, a birthday gift or cleaning supplies, let your kith and kin know you’re there for them by sending a package via “Uber Connect” through the Uber app.
All packages should be transportable on a two wheeler vehicle, be under 5 kilograms in weight, securely sealed and not include prohibited items such as alcohol, recreational drugs, or dangerous and illegal items. A full list of prohibited items is here.
Similar to on-demand trips, you will be able to continue monitoring the trip’s progress prior to pickup, en route, and at the drop-off. You can also share the delivery status with the recipient of the package.
Getting started with Uber Connect is easy:
- Download the app – Get the free Uber app from the App Store or Google Play on your smartphone and open the app to create your account
- After adding your pickup and delivery address, Uber Connect will appear in the Uber app as a new option in the vehicle selection scroller
- You’ll be prompted to agree to package delivery T&Cs, and confirm that your item complies with those terms and request delivery
- You’ll receive a notification once the driver is on their way to pick up your package. You can contact the driver directly for any special pickup or drop-off instructions
- You can use the “Share My Trip” feature with your recipient so they can track the delivery and meet the driver to collect the package