We know there are times when you want to plan ahead – to catch that 4AM flight or to ensure you’re not late for that job interview. If you can plan your vacation in advance, then you should be able to plan your ride in advance as well, right?
We at Uber totally get it, and that’s why today we’re starting the India roll out of Scheduled Rides. With just a few taps on your app, you can schedule your ride 15 minutes to 30 days in advance and have the comfort of knowing your Uber will be there when it’s time to head out.
How it works:
- Select your preferred vehicle view (scheduled rides is currently available on uberGO and uberX only) and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
- Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
- Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberX” or “Schedule uberGO”. You can cancel at anytime before your ride is on the way.
- We’ll send you reminders both 24 hours and 30 minutes in advance of your pickup. You’ll be notified after your ride is on the way, as well as whether dynamic pricing applies.
- Currently scheduled rides is only available on uberGO and uberX and you can pay through your credit cards, debit cards, prepaid wallets and even cash!
- Available in select neighbourhoods
Uber’s standard cancellation policy applies to Scheduled Rides as well. Riders can cancel their Scheduled Ride anytime without penalty before the driver is en-route to their pick up. Scheduled rides are no different for the drivers as well. The app constantly monitors the ETA; and when it’s time to request, it dispatches to closest Uber driver subsequently.