We know there are times when you want to plan ahead – to catch that 4AM flight or to ensure you’re not late for that job interview. If you can plan your vacation in advance, then you should be able to plan your ride in advance as well, right?
Guess what, you can. With just a few taps on your app, you can schedule your ride 15 minutes to 30 days in advance and have the comfort of knowing your Uber will be there when it’s time to head out.
How it works:
- Select your preferred vehicle class (scheduled rides is currently available on uberGO and uberX only) and tap “Schedule a Ride.”
- Set your pickup date, time, location, and destination.
- Confirm the details of your upcoming trip and tap “Schedule uberX” or “Schedule uberGO”. You can cancel at anytime before your ride is on the way.
- You will receive an email with the upcoming ride details. You’ll also be notified after your ride is on the way, as well as whether dynamic pricing applies.
- Currently scheduled rides is available on uberGO and uberX and you can pay through your credit cards, debit cards, prepaid wallets and even cash!
- Available in select neighbourhoods
Uber’s standard cancellation policy applies to Scheduled Rides as well. Riders can cancel their Scheduled Ride anytime without penalty before the driver is en-route to their pick up. Scheduled rides are no different for the drivers as well. The app constantly monitors the ETA; and when it’s time to request, it dispatches to closest Uber driver subsequently.