As the year winds down to a close, we cannot help but look back at all the trips we’ve traveled, the cities we’ve reached and the memories we’ve made in India. The year 2019 has been nothing short of great and exciting for us at Uber and we’ve cherished every minute of this ride, just like our users.
Looking back at 2019, a few stats stand out:
- Delhi and Bengaluru recorded the highest and the second-highest number of Uber trips overall, respectively followed by Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- Bengaluru was the city with the highest number of people opting for Uber POOL rides, followed by Delhi, Kolkata, Hyderabad, and Mumbai.
- November and December were the favorite months for Indians to leave their cars behind and use Uber; 7th December saw the maximum Uber rides in 2019
- Holi was the favorite festive season for Indians to use Uber, followed by Dussehra and Diwali
- Top 3 international cities which saw the maximum Uber rides by Indian Uber users were London, San Francisco, and Doha, while for international travelers in India – Delhi, Mumbai, and Bangalore were top 3 cities to avail Uber rides
- Western India is officially the sleepless region of 2019 in India, with the highest percentage of Uber trips between 2 am and 5 am taken in Mumbai, Surat, and Ahmedabad.
We are grateful for being India’s choice of the daily commute and are excited to be a part of your 2020.