Happy New Year, India!
From Delhi to Cochin, riders across the country celebrated with Uber. Check out these fun facts about how riders used Uber and Uber EATs this New Year’s Eve.
- Delhi, NCR was the most active city with the the highest number of trips taken on a single night
- A few spots attracted the most party goers. The most popular drop off locations ahead of midnight were Whitefield in Bangalore, DLF Cyber City in Gurugram, Connaught Place in Delhi, Juhu Beach and Lower Parel in Mumbai, Madhapur in Hyderabad and GST Road, Meenambakam in Chennai
- When the clock struck midnight, close to 15,000 riders were in an Uber across the country
- One stop just isn’t enough. A single rider from Chennai and a single rider from Mumbai were the biggest party hoppers who took a total of 13 rides each through the night, followed by a rider from Pune who took 10 rides
- Over 90,000 riders used UberPOOL, opting to share their ride with others, and cut down on congestion during this busy night. In Delhi, NCR over 22,000 riders decided to share their ride making it the city to clock the highest number of uberPOOL rides, followed by Hyderabad and Bangalore
- Some people started and ended the party with friends. Over 5000 riders used the Multiple Stops and/or Split Fare features when heading to and from their celebrations! Out of this, over 1400 riders in Mumbai alone used this feature
- A driver partner from Delhi, NCR completed 18 trips on this one night, making it the highest across the country, followed by one in Bangalore who completed 14 trips
- Drivers provided great service on New Year’s Eve and received over 19,000 compliments just from this one night! Out of which, drivers in Delhi, NCR received the highest number of compliments from over 3600 riders
- Not everyone went to a restaurant as part of their celebrations — people chose to bring the restaurant to them through UberEATS, making 8 p.m. – 9 p.m. the most popular time to order
- The most popular food ordered from UberEATS was Chicken Biryani and Maggi in India
Thank you to drivers who gave up their night to help people make smart choices and provide a reliable alternative to drinking and driving. Here’s to an amazing 2018!