Lower The Window is our set of initiatives to help curb rising pollution in Delhi. So that the people of this city can lower their car windows without hesitation. And let the winter breeze in once again.
To help bring about this change in Delhi, you can participate in one of our following initiatives:
- Last mile connectivity with Delhi Metro
- IGL partnership
SwapYourRide is our effort to get more people to leave their cars in their parking spots.
- As part of SwapYourRide, we request you to leave your cars at home for 4 weeks, in exchange for Uber credits and Paytm-sponsored Delhi Metro card credits
- 200 people who register, and are selected for the initiative, will be given credits of up to a total of ₹14,000* in value
- Uber will fund 2 rides per day up to ₹200 for 30 days – valid across all products in Delhi NCR.
- Paytm will share promo codes to top-up DMRC cards with 50 trips of ₹40 each to be used on the Delhi Metro. Click here to recharge your DMRC card via the Paytm app.
How it works?
- Sign-up here to register to the program
- Alternatively, sign up on t.uber.com/swapyourride
- Fill in all the required details in the registration form and upload all required documents
- Your data privacy will be maintained, and this will be used for the purpose of this campaign only
- If you are selected to Swap Your Ride you will receive communication from us a week later with the details to the Uber and Paytm Promo code to top-up your Uber account, and DMRC card with.
Last mile connectivity with Delhi Metro
Not only is public transport a solution for traffic congestion in Delhi, it also helps in curbing rising pollution in the city. And there is no form of public transport with the reach like that of the Delhi Metro. So, to encourage more people to opt for a Metro ride, we’ve partnered with the DMRC and:
- We’ve set up kiosks at 3 high-traffic stations – Rajiv Chowk, Sikanderpur and Dwarka sec 21 to help riders book Uber rides with the help on an Uber agent at these stations
- We’ll extend it more stations in the future
- Starting 28 November – We’re introducing flat fares to and from select metro stations: Rs.55 for 5km.
CNG-fitted vehicles have done a lot for Delhi’s environment since their introduction. But the potential is still largely untapped. So we’ve joined hands with Indraprastha Gas Limited, to get more people to convert their petrol cars into CNG-fitted cars. Anyone who gets a kit-fitting done will get a Rs.2000 CNG card from IGL
Uber will also provide free* pick-up and drop-off (up to ₹2000) for anyone visiting the IGL center.
Sign up here to register yourself. We will reach out to you over email with further details