Packed with a host of smart features, your Uber app does more than get you places. Fire it up and explore all that it’s got to offer. You’ll be pleasantly surprised, we promise.
Here are all the things you can do with your Uber app
- Launch the app and tell us ‘Where to’. That’s your destination.
- Swipe left or right, and choose from one of our many ride options.
- Before you hit request, check your pickup and drop points.
- Your app will detect where you are by default. However, if you’d like to change your pickup point, just click on the pin on the map and drag it to a new location. You can also edit your destination in the same manner.
- That’s it. Request a ride and your app will match you with a car closest to you.
Choose a ride
- Once you’ve entered a destination, you’ll see a host of rides to choose from.
- Swipe through them to see what each ride is likely to cost.
- Tapping on any ride option will also reveal other details like the number of seats available and the time it’ll take for your car to get to you.
Schedule a ride
- If you’d like to schedule a ride in advance, you’ve got that option as well.
- Just click on the icon next to ‘Where to’ in the search bar, and set your pickup date and time.
- Then, choose your pickup and drop-off points.
- Finally, choose a car.
Hit ‘Schedule’, confirm your details, and press ‘Done’.
In case of a change in plans, you can always edit your trip. Go to ‘Your Trips’, navigate to ‘Upcoming’, and choose a trip you’d like to reschedule
Apply a promo
- Got a promo or gift code? Use it to save on rides.
- To apply a code, go to the ‘Payment’ tab.
- Click on ‘Promotions’ and then on ‘Add Promo/Gift Code’.
- Type in your code – it’s not case-sensitive.
- Relevant offers will now apply to rides when you take a trip.
Add payment method
- Choose a safe and convenient way to pay for your rides.
- To add a payment method, go to the ‘Payment’ section on the main menu.
- Enter your credit or debit card details, or link a mobile wallet such as Paytm. Your trip amount will be deducted from your preferred payment automatically at the end of every ride.
- If you’d like to switch your payment method, you can do so while requesting a ride. Click on your business or personal profile before you hit ‘Confirm’, go to ‘Payment Options’, and add or switch payment methods.
Refer a friend
- Love Uber? Why not let your friends and family know?
- Invite your contacts to join Uber by going to the ‘Free Rides’ section.
- Share your invite code with as many contacts as you’d like.
- When they ride with us, both you and they unlock exciting offers.
- Never miss out on an offer or a new feature again.
- Scroll up and discover what’s new through the in-app feed.
- Faced an issue while travelling with us? Don’t worry, we’re here to help.
- Tell us what went wrong by navigating to ‘Your Trips’ and clicking on the concerned trip.
- Then, click ‘Help’ and choose an issue.
- Once you’ve raised a ticket, we’ll look into the matter and get back to you with a resolution soon.
- Keep your friends and family updated on where you are, and when you’ll arrive.
- To do this, simply click on ‘Share Status’ the next time you ride with us.
- Then, choose the contacts you’d like to keep in the loop.
- They’ll now be able to track your ride by the minute.
Find forgotten items
- Left something behind in an Uber? Let’s try and get it back to you.
- Navigate to the ‘Help’ section on your app, choose the relevant trip, and select ‘I lost an item’.
- You can now get in touch with your driver and check if they found your belongings.
- If you can’t get in touch with them, let us know, and we’ll try and step in.