We all know that moment when you realise you’ve forgotten a personal item in your ride, and your heart skips a beat. At Uber, we are customer-obsessed and the Lost and Found Index allows us an opportunity to educate our riders in a fun, yet informative manner about Uber’s in-app options for retrieving lost items.
Today, we released the sixth edition of our Lost and Found Index for 2022. This index is a snapshot of last year’s most frequently forgotten items, the hours of the day, days of the week, and times of the year when Uber riders reported lost items in Bangladesh.
Bangladeshis were most forgetful on Fridays last year. They were most forgetful during the post-lunch lazy hours between 2 to 4 pm. Fridays and Sundays were the most common days to report lost phones. Over the last year, we’ve seen objects including phones, cameras, headphones and keys top the list of items left behind in Uber rides across Bangladesh, followed by utility items like wallets, and umbrellas in the top five most forgotten items category.
Don’t forget to check everything before you get off your ride. However, God forbid you lose something, you should know how to attempt retrieving your lost items. This feature is available to our riders at the tap of a button. Here’s a quick guide for riders looking for their lost items:
- Go to “Menu”
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “Report an issue with this trip”
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact my driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead. You can do this by logging into your account on a computer, or using a friend’s phone.
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet to collect the lost item.
- If you are unable to connect with the driver, use ‘in-app support’ to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you.
This video outlines the simple steps you can take the next time you leave something behind in an Uber.
The full results from the Index are below. Take a look, they may surprise you!
Top 5 Most Commonly Forgotten Items
Most Forgetful Day of the Week
Top 5 Most Forgetful Days of the Year – Ranked by the number of instances
- March 30, 2022
- June 19, 2021
- March 25, 2022
- March 28, 2022
- November 18, 2021
Lost items that peak on certain days
- People are most likely to forget their phones on Fridays and Sundays
- People are most likely to forget their headphones on Saturdays
- People are most likely to leave cash behind on Mondays
- People are most likely to forget their bags/backpacks on Thursdays
Top 3 Most Common Hour of the Day to lose items
- Uber riders across Bangladesh are most forgetful at 4 pm
- Uber riders across Bangladesh are most forgetful 12 noon
- Uber riders across Bangladesh are most forgetful 2 pm