South Australia has always been Great, Heaps Good, and just plain Rad. Today, Humphrey B Bear officially declared that Adelaide is UBER!
You can now use the Uber app to get a classy, reliable ride around Adelaide. Whether you’re in town for a business meeting and need to get to North Adelaide, venturing to Leigh St to grab a drink at Udaberri, or in need of a safe and reliable ride home from Hindley St on a Friday night, Uber has got you covered – all at the touch of a button.
Don’t just take our word for it – even rival football captains, Nathan van Berlo and Travis Boak can agree that Adelaide needs a stylish, safe and reliable way to get around. Earlier today they became Adelaide’s official Rider Zeroes by sharing a ride to the Adelaide Oval to dob a trademark Uber Black footy.
NOT LIKE YOUR REGULAR TAXI
- Safer: Always have your drivers name, photo, phone number and license plate before you get in.
- Faster: Hop out at the end of the ride without the hassle of paying – we’ll charge your credit card automatically and email you a receipt.
- Better: Ride in a stylish Holden Caprice or Chrysler 300C
The only thing in common with an Adelaide taxi is the rates. During our initial testing phase, a typical Uber ride will cost less than a taxi. Details on pricing can be found at uber.com/cities/adelaide. You can also obtain a fare estimate inside the app at any time.
TELL YOUR FRIENDS, SPREAD THE #UberLOVE
New users can enter the code UBERLOVESADELAIDE for $25 off your first Uber ride before the end of August.
HOW TO RIDE UBER
- Download the Uber app on an iPhone, Android or Windows device and create an account.
- Using the pin, set your pick-up location and request a ride and in minutes, your friendly driver will show up and get you on your way.
- No unnecessary waiting: you can see where your car is on a live map and get a notification when it’s arriving.
- There is never a need for cash with Uber. All payments are processed in the app via credit card and your receipt will be emailed to you instantly.
During our testing period, availability will be very limited, so please be patient. Your best chance of finding an Uber right now is near CBD, North Adelaide, Unley or Norwood. We’d love to hear your feedback on our partner-drivers and their cars at help.uber.com.
I am personally thrilled that my hometown Adelaide finally has a new transportation alternative that is already loved in 170 cities around the world. Mum: you can finally ride Uber to your Bridge Club meetings.