One lockdown habit here to stay is dog owners spending a lot more time with their pandemic pups. Many Aussies have grown fond of having their canine companions by their side 24/7, for staycations up the coast, Friday nights at dog friendly pubs or even trips into the office to ease separation anxiety.
In fact, since we launched Uber Pet in 2020, allowing riders to match with a driver-partner willing to transport their fur friend too, we’ve seen a 79% increase in pet owners travelling around the country with their beloved pooches. In particular, we’ve seen a 97% increase in riders commuting to and from work with pets.
Consumer research* also tells us that 85% Australian dog owners said they would go into the office more if they could take their pets, with studies showing people who take their dog to work have higher levels of job satisfaction and lower levels of stress on average. 7 in 10 Aussie pet owners admit that they work from home more because they’re concerned about leaving their dog alone at home. Furthermore, over half of Aussie pet owners (59%) say a key barrier that prevents them from taking their pet into the office or workplace boils down to the commute there, with the same amount claiming they would go in more if they could take their dog on public transport.
That’s why, as many Aussies embrace hybrid working, we want to help their fur babies be part of it too, by encouraging riders to take their pets into the office today, on National Take Your Dog To Work Day.
While it’s not possible to take companion animals on all forms of public transport (depending on your city), Uber Pet has got you covered. We’re offering 50% off all Uber Pet trips (up to $30 off) between 7am – 7pm AEST on Friday 24th June 2022 in cities where Uber Pet is available.
If you’re a pawrent keen to travel with your dog during this timeframe, just follow these simple steps to redeem the offer:
- Head to the Uber app and click on your Account in the bottom right
- Select ‘Wallet’ then scroll down and hit ‘Add promo code.’
- Add in the code FURBABY
- Order your Uber Pet trip between 7am – 7pm AEST on Friday 24th June, and receive 50% off the value of your trip fare! Max $30 off applies. See T&Cs below**
How Uber Pet works:
- Uber Pet is available in Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Gold Coast, Canberra, Newcastle, Hobart, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Geelong, Wollongong and Darwin.
- Not only is it a win for pet parents, but Uber Pet provides driver- partners who stay opted in, another opportunity to earn more via providing this service. The trip will attract a $6-7 ‘pet fee’ on top of the standard ride fare.
- If you’re travelling with a service animal, you should continue to select your regular Uber trip option. Assistance animals are legally allowed to go everywhere their owner goes and by law driver-partners cannot refuse a rider because they have a service animal. Read more about our specialised program for riders with service animals here.
*Research appendix: This research was carried out by Censuswide between 17 – 21 June, with a sample of 500 Australian Hybrid Workers with at least one dog.
**Terms and conditions of offer: This offer is for 50% off the fare of an Uber Pet trip ordered via the Uber app between 7am – 7pm AEST on 24 June 2022 when you use the promo code ‘FURBABY’ (“Offer“). A Pet Fee of $6 – $7 applies to Uber Pet trips. Maximum of AUD$30 off the value of your fare applies. The promotion applies to the value of the trip fare only and does not apply to tolls, surcharges, levies, cancellation fees, wait fees or any other fee or charge, except for the Pet Fee. You must apply the promo code before placing your order to redeem this Offer. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Uber platform offer. Subject to availability of driver-partners in your area that are opted in to accept Uber Pet trips. Offer may be redeemed twice per person.