As Melbourne enters week five of Lockdown, we wanted to do something special for all those (still) staying at home.
So this week we’re helping everyone outside Victoria send some love to their Melbourne mates. Each day this week, the first 1000 people from anywhere outside Victoria will be able to send their mate a free dessert or ice cream delivery, valued up to $20*, from a local Melbourne dessert business.
This #lockdownlove offer will run from 8pm each day this week, till Friday September 4, and is one way we can all show Melbournians that we’re here for them.
Why dessert? Well, Melburnians have embraced their sweet tooth during lockdown, with evening dessert orders skyrocketing by 22%. And local favourites Sprinkles Ice Creamery, Lukumades and Pidapipo are now among the top 10 most popular independent stores for Melburnians to order from after 8pm. Because what says comfort food more than ice cream!
We can also see that people across the globe are already using the Share My Delivery feature in the Uber app to send their Melbourne friends some #LockdownLove, with thousands of people across the globe using Uber Eats to get food to friends and family in Melbourne since the curfew began.
- In Australia, the furthest delivery has been sent from someone in Karratha in the Pilbara region of WA (3,346km away from Melbourne).
- The most generous local gifter is based in Sydney, who has sent 15 deliveries to surprise their Melbourne loved ones.
- The most generous sender from overseas is based in San Francisco, with 17 deliveries sent to Melbourne in the last month.
- Over 270 orders have been sent to Melburnians from our Kiwi cousins across the ditch.
- The furthest order came from a user in St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada (18,214km from Melbourne).
So why not surprise a mate in Melbourne with an ice-cream, dessert, churro, or whatever else will bring a smile to their face?
How #LockdownLove and Share My Delivery works:
- Enter your Melbourne-based loved one’s address as the delivery location in the Uber Eats app. When you search the app will show restaurants near them, instead of you.
- Click the #LockdownLove banner at the top of the app to see the available selection of restaurants.
- On the checkout screen, enter the promo code mondaylove (tuesdaylove, and so on). The first 1000 eligible dessert orders each day made after 8pm will be able to send their Melbourne mate free dessert (up to $20, including delivery fee).
- Press “Order Now”, then click the “Share this delivery” option at the top of the Uber Eats app.
- Send the tracker link to your friend. When your friend opens the shared link in a browser window, it’ll show where in the delivery process that surprise treat is in real time.
*Up to $20 including delivery fee