Each Australia Day, few things are more predictable than backyard cricket barnies, hottest 100 blaring from the stereo and… the inevitable 2pm lukewarm drinks as the sun heats up and all the ice melts.
Because let’s face it, if you don’t run out of ice on Australia Day, is it even Australia Day?
This year, UberEATS will be on hand to give ordinary men and women the power to make iceless eskies a thing of the past – helping everyday Aussies become the backyard heroes they’ve always dreamed of being.
Struth, Ruth! Get FREE ice cubes delivered to your backyard BBQ this Australia Day!
From 11am to 3pm (or until sold out) you can order bags of ice cubes and have them delivered directly to your door using the UberEATS app. The best part? If you’re new to UberEATS, it’s free!
Bags of ice cubes will be available through the UberEATS app in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. Maximum of 1 bag per order.
How it works
- Download or open the UberEATS app – you can sign in using your Uber account or sign up and create a new one.
- Find your nearest ICE store – on January 26th between 11 am and 3pm open the UberEATS app and simply type ‘BACKYARD HERO’ into the search bar to locate stores available in your area.
- New to UberEATS? The esky refill is on us – enter the promo code ‘BACKYARDHERO’ and it’s on us! For existing users, delivery (including 1 x bag of ice) is $5
- Tell us where to deliver – add your home, work, or any other address you’d like.
- Check out with a tap – and track your order as it gets picked up and delivered to you.
- Give your esky a pat on the back – because let’s be honest, they’re the true unsung heroes
- Demand will be high in each city and availability is limited. Ice cubes will be available between 11am and 3pm, or until sold out. Maximum of one bag per order.
- UberEATS is available in specific coverage zones within each city. Ice delivery will be available in more UberEATs areas in each city. To see if UberEATS is available in your area, check out the FAQ page here.