The festive season can often leave us with clothing and other items we don’t really need. This year, instead of ditching your unwanted clothing and presents, let one of our driver-partners take them to your local Red Cross Shop right from your door!
This Sunday, 31 January, we’re proud to be working with Australian Red Cross to make donating to your local Red Cross Shop quick and convenient.
In nine cities across the country, our driver-partners will be collecting unwanted gifts, or pre-loved clothing and accessories, on demand, at the touch of a button in the service areas listed below.
New and existing Uber users can request an Uber driver-partner to collect their donated clothes between 11am – 4pm
How It Works
- Bag the clothing and gifts you’re willing to donate
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 4pm on Sunday 31 January
- Slide across to the ‘CLOTHING DRIVE‘ option in the app, and ‘Request’
- An Uber will arrive to collect your items and drop-off your donation at a local Red Cross Shop – free of charge.
#UberRedCrossShops Finer Details
- Please only donate quality clothing and gifts that are saleable
- All items must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Vehicles can’t be left unattended so please bring your bagged donations to your driver when they arrive
- We expect high demand so please be patient if a car isn’t available right away
- As availability is limited unfortunately not all requests will be fulfilled
By re-gifting your unwanted clothes and presents you’ll be helping support the invaluable work that Red Cross does to help vulnerable people in the community.
Red Cross provides a broad range of humanitarian assistance at home and around our region as part of the world’s largest and most trusted humanitarian movement.
Every year Red Cross helps hundreds of thousands of people around Australia and in our region. From supporting disaster-wrought communities, elderly Australians living alone, teenagers facing homelessness, or refugees seeking safety from persecution, Red Cross is there.
This important work could not happen without sales from Red Cross Shops around the country, and the generosity of thousands of Australians who donate their quality pre-loved clothing and accessories.
Uber is proud to partner with Red Cross to support these efforts
Sydney: CBD, Lower North Shore, Eastern Suburbs, Inner West
Canberra: North and South Canberra
Melbourne: CBD, North to Brunswick and Northcote, East to Kew and Hawthorn, South-East to Elsternwick and Malvern East, Dandenong
Geelong: North Geelong to Corio and Norlane, South Geelong to Grovedale and Marshall, Central Geelong
Adelaide: CBD and Surrounding Suburbs
Perth: CBD, North to Joondalup, South to Cockburn
Brisbane: CBD, South to Moorooka, North to Chermside, East to Murrarie, West to Indooroopilly
Gold Coast: Southport to Coolangatta
Sunshine Coast: Caloundra to Noosa Heads