Working well with delivery people is one of the key ingredients to being a top-rated restaurant partner. A fast and smooth delivery process means happier delivery people, happier customers and potentially more repeat orders and positive word of mouth. It’s a win-win-win!
We want to help you make the most of your Uber Eats experience so we spoke with top restaurant partners to get their tips and tricks on how to achieve a fast delivery process as smooth as possible for you and your staff.
1. Set up your online store for busy periods
During peak periods, you can optimise your store setup on Uber Eats for a fast and smooth delivery process, and minimising the build-up of delivery people and customers.
- Set realistic prep times for your Uber Eats store and adjust it to your store processes.
- Use the Busy Mode setting via the Uber Eats tablet to temporarily give your team more time to prepare.
2. Designate and signpost a pick up area in your restaurant
Make it easy for delivery people to know where you would like them to pick up or wait for orders in your restaurant.
3. Communicate clearly and politely with delivery people
Just as you would respect and clearly communicate with your staff, be transparent to delivery people for when the order will be ready to hand over – especially when it’s delayed.
Consider offering delivery people a glass of water or somewhere to sit while they wait!
4. Pack orders carefully to avoid spills or missing items
To help delivery people get your food to customers as fast and smooth as possible, there are some simple order accuracy steps you can follow:
- Use cling wrap as an additional seal to protect items from spilling.
- Staples or a sticker can be used to secure multiple bags together.
- Number your bags with “1 of 1” or “1 of 2” and “2 of 2”, for example.
Check out our one-page checklist for more tips to reduce order errors and achieve a smooth and fast Uber Eats experience. Download here >
Want something to reinforce these tips in your store? Download and print our one-page summary guide to reducing delivery wait times. Find it here >
Posted by Uber Eats
Fast Copy-On-Write within Apache Parquet for Data Lakehouse ACID Upserts
The Perils of Migrating a Large-Scale Service at Uber
Learn more about Uber Max trips
Bypassing Large Diffs in SubmitQueue