1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The promoter is Uber Australia Pty Ltd (ABN 49 160 299 865) of Level 8, 1 O’Connell St, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Promoter”).
3. Entry is only open to individuals aged 18 years. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. The contest opens 8am AEDT Saturday 3/11/18, closes 10am AEDT Wednesday 7/11/18.
5. To enter the Promotion, you must complete the following during the Promotional Period on either Facebook or Instagram:
- Entry mechanic Facebook
- Share a photo of you on an Uber trip on the post, and tag one friend
- Follow us on Facebook @UberOz
- Entry mechanic on Instagram
- Upload a photo of you on an Uber trip, tag @uber_australia #SeeYouSoon and tag one friend
- Follow us on Instagram @uber_australia
6. Individuals may enter the Promotion as often as they like during the Promotional Period.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity and age) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. The competition is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winners. Winners are chosen based on three criteria:
- Best use of incorporating the brand in the image
- Creativity and energy shown via the entry
- How the caption relates to ‘see you soon’
10. The selection of the winning entry will take place at 10am AEDT Wednesday 7/11/18. The Promoter may select additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn or the original winner does not claim their prize.
11. The winner(s) will be notified via Facebook or Instagram Direct Message on Wednesday 7/11/18. The Promoter may also publish the winners photo on their own social channels Facebook and Instagram.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The prize for the competition includes:
- 2 x Round trip flight tickets to Melbourne from their original location (must be in Australia) on Friday 9/11/18, return on Sunday 11/11/18
- Accommodation for 2 nights at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Melbourne for Friday 9/11/18 – Sunday 11/11/18
- 2 x Seppelt Wine Oaks day adult ticket to the Stakes Day on Saturday 10/11 (tickets valued at $64 each)
14. The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken as cash
15. If the prize goes unclaimed, then the Promoter reserves the right to award to prize to another candidate
16. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions of any regulatory authority.
17. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
18. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes, modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the state the draw is conducted (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
19. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (e) taking/use of a prize.
20. Permit number (if applicable): N/A
21. This contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or Instagram. By submitting an entry, you agree to release Instagram from all liability in relation to the contest.
22. By submitting an entry, you give Uber permission to copy, publish and promote your entry, including your name and image.