Get access to a car in the event of an accident
Accidents are stressful enough without needing to worry about losing access to a vehicle and your opportunity to earn. That’s why we’ve partnered with Rideshare Accident Vehicles to trial a rideshare ready vehicle replacement program for Gold, Platinum and Diamond Uber Pro driver-partners. If you get into an accident while driving with Uber, you can now get access to a rideshare-ready vehicle so you can keep earning even while your primary car is off-road.
How it worksIf you’re involved in an accident on-trip, report the incident to Uber via the Help tab of your Driver app by tapping “Trip Issues and Adjustments” and “I was in an accident”. Let us know that you’d like to participate in this program, and a member of the Rideshare Accident Vehicles team will then contact you to assist.
Payment for the replacement vehicle will depend on who was at fault in the accident:
- If the eligible partner is not-at fault in the accident, Rideshare Accident Vehicles will provide a vehicle and recover rental and other costs from the at-fault party.
- If the eligible partner is at-fault, then they will be eligible for a rental vehicle for a paid rental fee.
What to do if you’re in an accident?Here’s a reminder of what to do if you’ve been in an accident while driving with Uber:
- Check that all parties involved are safe.
- Notify police and paramedics if necessary.
- Contact us via the Help tab of your Driver app by tapping “Trip Issues and Adjustments” and “I was in an accident”. Please be sure to select the correct trip and share details about what happened. A member of our team will then reach out to confirm everyone’s safety and gather any other required information.
Remember that we have policies like trip and partner support insurance so you’re protected when driving with Uber.
To be eligible you must be a Gold, Platinum or Diamond partner participating in the Pro Program in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Canberra or Perth and the accident must have occurred ‘on-trip’, meaning after you accept a trip request, while you are on-trip or up to 15 minutes from the trip being completed or cancelled. Determination on fault is at the complete discretion of Accident Replacement Vehicles. Additional terms stipulated by Accident Replacement Vehicles apply, for full details see here.