The 2022 financial year ends on 30 June, and it will soon be time to lodge your tax return.
We know understanding your tax obligations and completing your tax return can be challenging and stressful. And we’d like to help. We have made arrangements with Uber Pro partner Airtax for a free webinar for driver-partners on 5 July 2022 at 3pm AEST.
The webinar will provide an opportunity to learn more about your tax obligations and ask any tax-related questions you may have.
Watch the webinar if you wish, and help make this year’s tax return a breeze.
Uber Pro is a driver-partner program that recognises your commitment and effort with rewards, including special or discounted rates on products and services from Uber Pro partners.
Airtax by Vialto Partners provides a range of services that may be of interest to you:
- ABN Registrations
Airtax makes registering for an ABN quick and easy, and best of all – it’s completely free. All that’s needed is a one-page form with some basic information, and driver-partners can receive an ABN in 1-2 business days.
- Income Tax Returns
Airtax is a registered online Tax Agent with the ATO, and services thousands of sole traders with their income tax return filings each year.
- Connection to the ATO: Airtax has a direct connection with the ATO which will prefill into your tax return any income data such as earnings, interest, and dividends, as well private health insurance information
- Simple sole trader form: Airtax’s sole trader section asks you a series of simple questions about your business, including a list of common expenses that may be relevant so you don’t miss anything.
- Extensions to your lodgement deadline: normally a tax return is due to be lodged through the ATO by 31 October of each year. As a registered tax agent with the ATO, Airtax is able to get driver-partners an extension to this deadline of up to 6 months.
- Speak with a tax specialist, for added peace of mind: tax specialists are available through our phone support services who can help resolve any doubts you may have, or to help optimise your tax position.
- Uber income API: earnings from Uber flow directly to user’s accounts to enable simple lodgement based on prefilled income when they link their account with Airtax.
- Business Activity Statements (BAS)
Airtax makes Business Activity Statements easy. Connect your Uber driver account with Airtax and your earnings can be automatically pre-filled in your BAS lodgement form.
Airtax is offering driver-partners their first BAS free when signing up, valued at $49. You can also use the code Airtax20 to get $20 off your first paid service as part of your relationship with Airtax.