Uber Sydney is always hard at work figuring out how to make Sydney an easier city to navigate, and this Saturday from 12 to 8pm, we’re offering another solution: UberBOAT!
Between 12 and 8pm Saturday, you can use the Uber app to request a water taxi pickup in minutes.
Not sure where to go? Whether you feel like taking a cruisy 10 minute trip from Vaucluse to Mosman, spending some well-earned shore leave at one of Sydney’s premier waterfront venues, or hitting the harbour with a bottle of bubbly, Uber and our positively ship-shape array of partners will have you 3 sheets to the wind!
ON THE MAP
|1||Watsons Bay Boutique Hotel is Sydney’s premier pirate cove, and on Saturday it will be absolutely heave-hoing! Grab a complimentary bottle of Chandon, and if you see anyone in an Uber shirt, say hello!|
|4||Love a man in uniform? Head to Cruise Bar and grab up to 5 complimentary ‘Hello Sailor’ cocktails.|
|5, 6||Clash jugs and sing shanties with 20% off a cocktail jug at Cargo Bar or Bungalow 8, courtesy of the buccaneers at Keystone Hospitality.|
|7||Head up the hill and grab a complimentary cocktail with a view of the harbour at the Woolwich Pier Hotel.|
|8, 9, 10||Shake off your sea legs at Aqua Dining, Ripples Chowder Bay or Ormeggio at the Spit. Get a complimentary cocktail with every lunch booking.|
|11||If you’re voyaging to Manly for the Hurley Australian Open surf comp, stop by Manly Wine for a cocktail, your first round will be just $10 each.|
|12||Grab a complimentary glass of bubbly, cocktail or a famous Nutella pizza at Hugos Manly.|
HOW IT WORKS
- Download the Uber app for iPhone, Android, or Blackberry
- Between 12pm – 8pm Saturday, request the “UberBOAT” option via your app. Water taxis can pick you up from any public or private dock on Sydney Harbour.
- If there is an empty boat nearby, you’ll soon see a 16 seat water taxi cruising towards you on your Uber app!
Bear in mind that availability will be very limited. Please try again if you can’t get a ride on your first request. If demand is crazy, more boats will log onto the Uber system – in fact, we might even make UberBOAT a regular feature.
An UberBOAT ride for you and up to 15 mates will cost $40 plus $3 per minute. As always, you can fare split your boat ride with your fellow able seamen and women. Sample fares:
- Rose Bay – Mosman: $61
- Watson’s Bay – Mosman: $70
- Circular Quay – Double Bay: $79
- Circular Quay – Woolwich: $70
- Watson’s Bay – Manly: $76
* All venue offers are valid for Saturday 8th Feb only at the listed venues. Show an Uber e-mail receipt dated that day to redeem an offer. Each offer can be used once per receipt/group. For Ripples Chowder Bay please call on approach 02 9960 3000. Bookings essential at Ormeggio At The Spit, Ripples Chowder Bay and Aqua Dining.