Soon on the Uber Eats app
Uber Eats is excited to announce that alcohol delivery requests are now available to delivery partners in Brisbane and Gold Coast. If you choose to participate in alcohol deliveries, it is important to educate yourself on your legal obligations.
These are some frequently asked questions relating to the delivery of alcohol.
- Is alcohol delivery different from food delivery?
- What are my responsibilities to ensure I comply with the law?
- How do I opt in for alcohol deliveries?
- How do I opt out for alcohol deliveries?
- What is the legal drinking age in Queensland?
- What are the fines associated with supplying a minor?
- What is secondary supply?
- Can I deliver if the recipient is intoxicated?
- What are some signs of intoxication?
- What are the fines associated with supplying to someone intoxicated?
- What are the hours I can deliver alcohol?
- What are the steps to complete an alcohol delivery?
- The recipient is intoxicated, what should I do?
- The recipient is uncooperative. What should I do?
- The recipient took the items before I could complete all the steps in the app.
- I can’t complete the delivery, can I keep the order?
- I’m returning an order but the store is closed. What should I do?
- What are the valid forms of ID in Queensland?
- What should I do if the customer’s ID has expired?
- The recipient’s ID doesn’t match the Uber Eats order. What should I do?
- The customer looks over the age of 25, do I still have to request ID?
- What are some tips for scanning the ID through the app?
- What if the in-app ID scanning verification fails?
- What if the customer doesn’t agree to show or/ scan ID?
If you have any concerns about the person’s age or identity, the validity of the ID or their sobriety, you should not complete the delivery. The driver app will navigate you back to the store to return the alcohol. Your payment will include the return trip back to the store.
If at any point you experience issues or have questions about an alcohol delivery, let us know by tapping ‘Help’ in the Uber driver app. We’ll follow up as soon as possible.
Opt into receiving alcohol delivery requests below.