Monday, 3 June is Western Australia Day and there are events across Perth to celebrate. Lots of riders are expected to be looking for a safe and convenient way to get around during the long weekend leading up to Western Australia Day. The Driver app will have up-to-date road closure information to help make your driving experience as smooth as possible.
Peak times and places to drive
- Most riders are expected to be looking for rides Friday, Saturday and Sunday night between 5pm-2am.
- Popular pickup and dropoff places are Burswood Park, Fremantle Fishing Boat Harbour, Bunbury and Pinjarra.
Safety is our top priority, so keep these tips in mind when on the road:
- Avoid pick-ups in restricted areas, be cautious when driving in crowded areas and follow standard traffic laws.
- Confirm your rider’s name to ensure the right person who requested is in your vehicle.
- Review the safety features you have available to you here, so you can drive with confidence.
- As a reminder, Uber’s Community Guidelines include a Zero Tolerance Policy prohibiting the use of alcohol or drugs while driving.